Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 12:32 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,455,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
how sad for the baby, as well.
She should give the baby up for adoption so it has a chance at a good life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 01:16 PM

16,587 posts, read 10,697,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
We had to limit our son's interactions with this kid, and wouldn't let our son go out with him
I agree with this choice. But I dearly hope that you very carefully explained WHY you were limiting your son's interaction with this guy. We all can serve as examples to others: some what to do, others what not to do. This guy's poor choices, and the consequences that result from them, present excellent teachable moments for your son.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:03 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,226,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Try to see it from a different angle.

Your son sees first hand what happens if people are irresponsible and maybe he takes that as a motivation to NOT be like that. He is going to see that friend struggle with money because of his poor choices and maybe your son tries to do his best to never bee in this position.
I agree, I think people should have faith in their kids sometimes. They are a lot smarter than a lot of older people give them credit for.

OP, your son is way above the age where he is capable of learning from others' mistakes.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:22 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,588,189 times
OP, don't blame you for venting. It's frustrating to see kids make stupid mistakes, and know you can't really do anything about it.

Kids will do what they want. They're masters at sneaking to do what they want, even with the most vigilant of parents. Don't you remember doing it yourself? LOL.

I do appreciate that you said the boy got the girl pregnant, instead of saying the girl got herself knocked up. As if a girl could do that by herself :-)

Old 12-13-2016, 02:59 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,313,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
You don't have to condone his choices. But if you could find it in your heart to feel a little compassion....to not be so outraged and judgmental.....it would be good for you. Yes, the boy is responsible for all his choices. But for you to be so outraged....that will eat at you. It's not healthy.
If the OP didn't care she wouldn't care enough to be frustrated on a kid constantly making poor choices.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:00 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,145,461 times
Let me see if I understand this.

Your high school aged son has just had a child and you are concerned with what his loser friend is doing???

You need to rethink your priorities.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:50 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,832,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Let me see if I understand this.

Your high school aged son has just had a child and you are concerned with what his loser friend is doing???

You need to rethink your priorities.
I don't think you understand this. You may need to re-read the OP.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:56 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,759,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, I hope you feel better venting about someone who is involved in making choices for his own life that is none of your business. One should only judge oneself and make changes until perfection is reached before being the judge for someone else.
Honestly, no parent knows exactly what their own child is involved with unless they spend every moment of every day with that child.
It is the OP's business if her son is friends with this kid. This "friend" obviously has a long way to go before growing up and as a mother I would definitely limit, if not ban my son from hanging out with this kid. I mean really, he just has a baby and he's more worried about wrestling? If he still wanted to act like a high school kid then he should have thought about that before getting a girl pregnant!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:45 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,663,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
My son's 'friend' got his girlfriend pregnant while a junior in HS. (She was already graduated and kicked out of her house). We had watched this kid spiral out of control for a year or so from a previously good character. He was obsessed with being 'cool'. We had to limit our son's interactions with this kid, and wouldn't let our son go out with him- he was doing burnouts and drag racing, etc. He was fired from the restaurant he worked at for giving alcohol to a minor. This year, as a senior, my son is in a college class with him. My son works hard and takes his time, while this friend doesn't give a damn. The baby was born 2 days ago..but last night he had to go to a wrestling meet while she was still in hospital. This guy is just bugging me!! Grow up! He gets NO sympathy from us as his life is a result of poor choices. I watch the careless attitude and think of how stupid a person can be. I would have thought he would straightened out by now but I guess not.
He's not your child so he's not your problem. His life is none of your business. He's a teenager. Sounds like a typical teen. Yes, a girl got pregnant, but he didn't do that all on his own. It takes 2 to tango. Why would you expect a high schooler - who's a kid himself - to stick around with the baby and the mom? Join us in the real world. Again, he's not your problem. You're spending far too much time worrying about him and his life.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:50 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,663,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
It is the OP's business if her son is friends with this kid. This "friend" obviously has a long way to go before growing up and as a mother I would definitely limit, if not ban my son from hanging out with this kid. I mean really, he just has a baby and he's more worried about wrestling? If he still wanted to act like a high school kid then he should have thought about that before getting a girl pregnant!
He didn't get her pregnant on his own. It took both of them! She could have taken numerous precautions as could he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships