Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 AM

19,899 posts, read 9,458,929 times

Advertisements

I don't remember this, but my aunt told me that my younger sister cut off one of my braids when I was asleep when we were very young. Supposedly she was jealous because people would say what beautiful hair I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 07:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,049,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
For me, that would have to be when my sister (and her husband) falsely accused my daughter of being "inappropriate" with their older daughter. There are many reasons I could list as to why this was the "worst thing" a sibling has done to me, but just to list the main ones:

- My sister & her husband wanted "Holly" be to be taken from my custody, put in a juvenile detention center, and be forced to register as a sex offender.

- "Holly's" already-bad anxiety issues shot through the roof with having to deal with this situation, and she tried to commit suicide because she was terrified of going to jail over something she had not done.

- the last time we were in court over this, my brother-in-law wasn't physically present, but he did get to have his say via speakerphone. He blabbed on and on about all this stuff that had NOTHING to do with the alleged situation, took stuff about "Holly" out of context, and because of how the legal process works, I couldn't say anything in response.
I have a friend that went through this. Her sisters child, did do very inappropriate things to my friends sons little boy. He was 5 when it started and 8 when he finally told her. Her sister and parents did not believe the older cousin could be capable of a horrific thing, and even if it did happen it should be brushed under the table and hidden.

If "Holly" did indeed do inappropriate things to her cousin, than she should be forced into treatment and register as a sex offender. This is part of the healthy process of healing for both the victim and perpetrator.

Last edited by LowonLuck; 03-22-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 02:05 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,355,869 times
Ok, time to put some lightness here....
I was about 6 years old. My older sister (she was 13) was making a snack for herself. I pretended to sneeze near her food, she began yelling at me. She ended with: "Dumb practical-joke-playin' fool!" I hated being called "fool" (but I was, in retrospect). I chased her all over the house, I wanted to kill her, I was so mad....

Now, of course, we both laugh to the point of tears when we talk about it!

Old 03-22-2017, 04:22 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,044,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
My younger sister by 3 years slammed my hand in her door and laid on it until a painter who happened to be in our house slammed against the door and got me out , another time she attempted to set me on fire while I was asleep .

She was never told no and thats a shame. She could not adapt to life as an adult. After numerous arrests and jail stays was finally was diagnosed with schizophrenia in her mid 30's.I am sure the unlimited quantities of acid and high grade coke since her teens did not help this. I have mentioned both that and the fact that I could not ever live with her before in these threads.
Although, under normal circumstances it would be best, easiest and safest for both of us if I could, she is still pretty violent . She is 51 now and bigger than I .

I am in no way the only person she behaves this way with. Many have been on the receiving end of her wrath .
More than likely it was the schizophrenia that led her to the drugs, not the other way around.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:24 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,044,887 times
My brother would walk down the hallway in front of me, leap straight up in the air, and fart directly in my face.

(just thought a funny one would be nice in the midst of all these awful stories)

Old 03-22-2017, 06:13 PM

510 posts, read 718,117 times
My wife's older brother was a real peach: sexually abused her when they were kids and later made their home life a disaster; threatening to kill both their mother and father. Was physically and emotionally abusive to everyone in their large family.
When the mom had a bad accident and became disabled he refused to help although he was living at home (free of course). Parents at that point were afraid of him. He actually tried to choke his mother, would not help her with laundry or meals. To other people he may have seemed like an OK guy - he saved the worst for his family.

He is finally dead, 2 months ago. Neither of us are very sorry about it. What a waste of oxygen.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I don't remember this, but my aunt told me that my younger sister cut off one of my braids when I was asleep when we were very young. Supposedly she was jealous because people would say what beautiful hair I had.
When I Was about 6 or 7, I was leaning over backwards over the bed and My sister sucked up all my waist-length hair in the vacuum cleaner and I had to get it all cut off.
That really sucked. lol..literally.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:08 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,892,224 times
I'm an only child. I have an older male cousin who physically abused me for years.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:15 PM

469 posts, read 399,539 times
My brother and I were building something out of bricks, and we needed to move them off the porch and onto the ground. I'm on the porch, and he's on the ground. He looks up at me and says, "When I say OK, drop a brick and I'll catch it...OK?" So I dropped a brick. Onto his head. He got stiches. I thought he was going to catch it! We were probably about 5 or 6. I really did think he was telling me to drop it. I still feel bad about it!

Old 03-29-2017, 12:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,544,131 times
I have a brother but being 10.5 years older than he is we really weren't raised together. I was sent to a military prep-school at age 14 followed by college and then entered the military followed by marriage.

My mother died of pancreatic cancer and my father followed a little over a year later. Upon his death my brother sold everything in the house without regard for a few odds-and-ends I'd been raised with that I might desire. He changed his first and last names (hated our parents) and moved to an other state without notice. All this happened while I lived 450 miles away. Needless to say, that did not endear him to me.

We had no contact for about 15 years until I tracked him down and sent him a letter attempting to reestablish contact. After all, he was my only sibling. Four months later he responded and it was evident that he was a very emotionally fragile, angry individual blaming our parents for everything in his life that didn't go right. After a few written exchanges I became stricken with a neurological disorder and could no longer write or type and was facing some major neurosurgery. It was just around Christmas so my wife sent he and his wife an appropriate card and enclosed a note explaining my situation and asking for a telephone number by which we could reach them. My brother never responded so that's that.

I find his lack of caring and regard egregious to include his continued hatred of our parents. They've been dead for over 25 years. Past time to let it go. Consequently, I'm done with him. At age 70 I don't have time to waste on such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships