Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:26 PM

47 posts, read 50,659 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been living in the same apartment for the past 2 and a half years. It was new when we moved in. I'm not one to look to say hi to anyone I just like to keep to myself. There's this one neighbor that is always outside. There's no problem with that but on a few occasions he kept on looking at me without saying hi or gesturing to say hi. On one occasion he was looking at me from the moment I passed him on my truck until I got inside my garage which is a good 50 feet alway. How did I know he was looking at me? Well I had a feeling he was looking at me and sure enough I was right. Every time I come home in the night I turn off my truck lights because they are bright and I don't want anyone to look inside my garage (have caught a few people doing that including this neighbor). So one night I came home and I said to myself that's it I have had enough. I went outside my balcony and starting spitting to the bottom because I knew he would look (I know bad manners). His apartment is to the right of ours about 20 feet distance. Sure enough he goes to get something from the back of his car and immediately looks up to our balcony without looking at his car first lol so I gestured to say hi and he looked away fast. He looked again but he knew I was staring him down so he looked away. While moving his car to the front position he pointed his hid lights on me and I put my phone light on him. I waited outside for my wife to get home and told her outside to be careful with the nosy neighbor while he was still outside. Since then he hasn't really messed with me anymore. Although a few days ago he bought a truck and he parked it closer to my apartment than to his. Keep in mind there's like 10 empty parking spaces and no one really parks there. I don't really like show offs although his truck isn't much if we compare it to mine. I have a top of the line black Silverado and the truck he bought is black but not 4x4 like mine I'm not one to show off anything. I come home park inside my garage. I act pretty normal besides playing loud music on truck every now and then and when I'm working out inside my garage. Oh yeah on Christmas my wife and I put Christmas lights on our balcony well before Christmas time and a few days before Christmas he puts Christmas lights but on the outside bottom front like saying look I put Christmas lights too.
Do I have a problem? Or is my neighbor just jealous? I don't get it I don't mess with anyone, show off, etc. I'm just me. Please I need some solid advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabmex View Post
My wife and I have been living in the same apartment for the past 2 and a half years. It was new when we moved in. I'm not one to look to say hi to anyone I just like to keep to myself. There's this one neighbor that is always outside. There's no problem with that but on a few occasions he kept on looking at me without saying hi or gesturing to say hi. On one occasion he was looking at me from the moment I passed him on my truck until I got inside my garage which is a good 50 feet alway. How did I know he was looking at me? Well I had a feeling he was looking at me and sure enough I was right. Every time I come home in the night I turn off my truck lights because they are bright and I don't want anyone to look inside my garage (have caught a few people doing that including this neighbor). So one night I came home and I said to myself that's it I have had enough. I went outside my balcony and starting spitting to the bottom because I knew he would look (I know bad manners). His apartment is to the right of ours about 20 feet distance. Sure enough he goes to get something from the back of his car and immediately looks up to our balcony without looking at his car first lol so I gestured to say hi and he looked away fast. He looked again but he knew I was staring him down so he looked away. While moving his car to the front position he pointed his hid lights on me and I put my phone light on him. I waited outside for my wife to get home and told her outside to be careful with the nosy neighbor while he was still outside. Since then he hasn't really messed with me anymore. Although a few days ago he bought a truck and he parked it closer to my apartment than to his. Keep in mind there's like 10 empty parking spaces and no one really parks there. I don't really like show offs although his truck isn't much if we compare it to mine. I have a top of the line black Silverado and the truck he bought is black but not 4x4 like mine I'm not one to show off anything. I come home park inside my garage. I act pretty normal besides playing loud music on truck every now and then and when I'm working out inside my garage. Oh yeah on Christmas my wife and I put Christmas lights on our balcony well before Christmas time and a few days before Christmas he puts Christmas lights but on the outside bottom front like saying look I put Christmas lights too.
Do I have a problem? Or is my neighbor just jealous? I don't get it I don't mess with anyone, show off, etc. I'm just me. Please I need some solid advice.
Lots of people put out Christmas lights without it being a message to their neighbor.

Honestly, in reading this it SOUNDS like you WANT him to be envious of you. He may just be wondering why you pass by him continually without saying anything.

I think you're reading a LOT into actions that mean nothing.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:49 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
You both sound crazy and passive aggressive, to be honest.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:51 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,918,994 times
What makes you think he is jealous of you?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What makes you think he is jealous of you?
Like right now he parked his truck in that spot again. I had a feeling he was going to come outside so I waited for about 2 minutes and sure enough he came outside with his dog. He goes to his truck for 2 seconds and turns and looks at our balcony. Then when he was walking towards his apartment he looked towards our bedroom window right before he passes a brick pillar, not knowing that I was there looking. See I thought it was me but looks like I'm right. I just had to confirm it and I did

Old 01-29-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Lots of people put out Christmas lights without it being a message to their neighbor.

Honestly, in reading this it SOUNDS like you WANT him to be envious of you. He may just be wondering why you pass by him continually without saying anything.

I think you're reading a LOT into actions that mean nothing.
I know man my wife says the same thing. I thought so as well but I'll copy and paste what I replied to another person.
Like right now he parked his truck in that spot again. I had a feeling he was going to come outside so I waited for about 2 minutes and sure enough he came outside with his dog. He goes to his truck for 2 seconds and turns and looks at our balcony. Then when he was walking towards his apartment he looked towards our bedroom window right before he passes a brick pillar, not knowing that I was there looking. See I thought it was me but looks like I'm right. I just had to confirm it and I did

Old 01-29-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You both sound crazy and passive aggressive, to be honest.
I know man but one thing I dislike is people that show off to me thinking that I'm showing when in reality I'm just being myself. I mean what's wrong with playing my music loud

Old 01-29-2017, 09:31 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
OP: You both have a problem and you both are attempting a non resolution like 12 year olds.
Mind your business and if things in your garage are so valuable that you are afraid your neighbors want to covet your items, move them to a more secure area. By the way neither of your trucks is as impressive as mine......

playing loud music is irritating, disrespectful to others who do not want to hear your music and just another childish behavior.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: You both have a problem and you both are attempting a non resolution like 12 year olds.
Mind your business and if things in your garage are so valuable that you are afraid your neighbors want to covet your items, move them to a more secure area. By the way neither of your trucks is as impressive as mine......

playing loud music is irritating, disrespectful to others who do not want to hear your music and just another childish behavior.
Lol good truck line man. I don't care if anyone's truck is better than mine or not as long as I like what I have. Which is the case with mine at the moment. I just don't like people trying to compete with me when I'm not messing with anyone. I don't have anything valuable in my garage I just can't stand people looking inside my garage.

Do you think if I just lower my music and workout in my garage with my punching bag that's sending a sign that I just don't care what you're doing I'm in my world not anyone else's? It's like me saying get in more debt brother I don't care what you do or don't I like what I have and not competing with anyone

Old 01-29-2017, 09:47 PM

351 posts, read 481,965 times
Yeah but do you have the LTZ Crew Cab with 6.2L V8?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships