Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:14 AM

576 posts, read 825,583 times

Advertisements

2 months ago one of colleages that I'm cool with* as in cordial and civil but not friends outside work ,approached* me and asked when I'm free.I said I wasn't sure and asked why she was asking..she said,she needs help with something that she is starting but she doesn't want to discuss it in a workplace. Then she handed me her phone*and asked me to put my number in.*I asked what it is and she says,if she tells me now it won't be exting but it's nothing bad.I said ok.She contacted me a week later wanting to know when I'm free to set a time and place to meet.I asked her again if she is selling something to which she denied.

I then said*my schedule is very tight and so we don't waste each other's time, she needs to give me at least an idea of what it is about. Or she can*tell me on*the phone to discuss whatever it is. That way it is easy for me*to end the conversation if I'm not* interested.She says,she has to show me in person if she tells me it won't make any sense and to let her know when I'm free. I never followed up. I later found out from another co worker that I'm friends with outside work that she*tried selling her life insurance to her*but asked me not to let this co-worker in question that I found out from her

I ran into her at work 2 weeks later.I'm part time so I don't see this co-worker often since we work different floors.The first thing she said was,oh you dump me huh?I asked her what she meant then she says she tried texting me asking when I'm free but I never replied to her .I informed her that I had forgotten my phone at my college(which was true) and apparently the teacher found it and kept to give it to me on our next class. I never follow up with her once I retrieved my phone.

I subsequently changed my number for unrelated reasons and forgot about the whole thing. However, yesterday we were scheduled to work the same floor and she was like "so you don't return my text these days eh ?"I texted you few days ago but you ignored me "I then said I can't commit to meet up with you if you won't tell me what it is .Then she says,I *only need 10 minutes of your time, I'm not going to discuss this in a work place.

I wasn't aware that she tried contacting me again since I changed my number. By the end of the shift she asked me again 3 times when I'm free again.

I know at this point I have to be direct with her since she keeps ignoring my soft No's.Now I'm forced to tell her to back off.How can I word this without causing tension at work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,253,283 times
Pyramid schemes are illegal. That's all you need to know and tell her that you have no interest. If she doesn't like it, tough.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:55 AM

5,457 posts, read 4,074,867 times
"I'm really busy, if you won't tell me what it is about, I have no incentive to carve out 10 minutes for you. Sorry (not sorry)"

Old 01-26-2017, 11:01 AM

16,429 posts, read 12,555,016 times
Do the asterisks in your post mean something? I kept looking for a footnote of some sort.

"I'm sorry, if you can't tell me what it's about, then I can assure you that I'm not interested. No thank you."

Old 01-26-2017, 11:06 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,569,955 times
NO is the most powerful word in the English language. Do not be afraid to use it often.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:09 AM

35,131 posts, read 31,412,038 times
Was it some sort of MLM deal like Scentsy or Mary Kay?

Old 01-26-2017, 11:11 AM

576 posts, read 825,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Was it some sort of MLM deal like Scentsy or Mary Kay?
I heard from another co-worker that she is selling life insurance

Old 01-26-2017, 11:23 AM

242 posts, read 301,220 times
Just say no.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:52 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,893,192 times
Tell her to email you an agenda for the meeting. Tell her you do not attend meetings without an agenda published at least 48 hours ahead of time.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:00 PM

5,765 posts, read 4,727,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I heard from another co-worker that she is selling life insurance
Easy. Tell her you would only buy such an important thing from an experienced, full-time professional.

I was expecting her to try to sell you Xango juice or Mona-Vie or some crap like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships