Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 04:55 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
OP, a couple questions - is there a reason you are working online? Do you have any physical reasons for not going outside of the home for work? Are you on the spectrum? ADD? A friend of Bill's? What is your highest level of education? Do you live in a city near public transportation? Have you considered technical training?

There has to be more to this story.
There is. OP is a candidate for a group home situation but doesn't seem to have the psychiatric and social support. His parents appear to have given up on his antics. I believe there is a history of violent and antisocial outbursts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:17 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
There is. OP is a candidate for a group home situation but doesn't seem to have the psychiatric and social support. His parents appear to have given up on his antics. I believe there is a history of violent and antisocial outbursts.
There was someone who fits this description posting a month or two ago, asking about college, or job corps. We suggested to that person they contact their local vocational rehab office, to get evaluated and plugged into social services, mental health services, and some job assistance or evaluation as to his job potential. This OP seems to have found something online, but there may be other options that pay better or offer more hours without being too much.

In any case, back to the OP's central question here, I'm guessing he's better off in a structured environment, like the sister's house, vs. living alone. It's mainly a matter of making an effort to get along with sis, and offering to help around the house, and all.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
27 years old living with your sister? Seriously? You have a "job" making $200 a month? That's not even a part time job! Save me the dramatics of it's hard to find a job.....when you don't have a job and you're mooching off family, you take ANY job! Be a janitor, work at WalMart, work at a gas station, work at McDonald's, who cares! You're using your family. You don't have a plan at all. Be an adult. It's beyond time to grow up. And stop mooching off others! You seriously should be kissing the ground your sister walks on...she's providing a roof over your head, utilities, internet, food, etc. And what are you giving her back? Sounds like a bunch of attitude. Of course she tells you to shut up. It's HER house! If you don't like it, get out....oh wait you can't because you don't have a job!

Old 01-30-2017, 07:42 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
I can't believe this thread is real! There's NO WAY! I made more than $200 a month when I was 15. So as others have said, IF THIS THREAD IS REAL....I don't blame your sister. You're obviously not working hardly any hours at all and you can't contribute anything to the household, so you're basically living off her. You can make more than that doing ANYTHING, ANYWHERE! Get your butt out there and start applying to everything and anything! I've never heard of anything so ridiculous. Too me, just pure laziness!

Old 01-30-2017, 08:13 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
Her house, her rules. Move out.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:16 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There was someone who fits this description posting a month or two ago, asking about college, or job corps. We suggested to that person they contact their local vocational rehab office, to get evaluated and plugged into social services, mental health services, and some job assistance or evaluation as to his job potential. This OP seems to have found something online, but there may be other options that pay better or offer more hours without being too much.
Are you talking about the guy who was last seen living with an uncle in Tehachapi?

The posting styles are very different.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Get a REAL JOB. Even fast-food pays more than $200 a month.

Pitiful excuse.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:26 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
To make this story short I am currently living with my sister and her boyfriend.But I don't like how she treats me,i know my sister is stress because of bills,work,kid,etc So she takes it out on me and says many rude stuff.And I know due to my position I kinda ignore it(well attempt to) because if she runs to her boyfriend he is obviously gonna take her side and try to kick me out.But anyways I work on a online job doesn't make much,but its increasing so i make about $200 a month(recieve check in my bank account).I'm thinking about moving out even with the little money i believe i can be better of in a room by myself by looking for on craigslist.Because i can't stand the disrespect anymore so if someone has suggestions let me know,its starting to drive me nuts!:mad:

You are living with your sister for free, or close to free. I am not quite sure that I understand who is being disrespected. It is her house.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:53 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Are you talking about the guy who was last seen living with an uncle in Tehachapi?

The posting styles are very different.
I don't recall an uncle in Tehachapi. But if job corps was part of his list of interests, then yes, ok.

I think the advice to make an appointment with a vocational rehabilitation office could be helpful to this OP, as well. They might be able to find him a doable job, even an internet one, that gave him more hours, or slightly better income, or something. And they could get him some free evaluations of various sorts. They could hook him up with food stamps.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
OP, within the last 5 days, you have posted that:

You live with your mom
You live with your sister
You live in LA and work for a film company
You live in Atlanta

What is up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships