Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 06:27 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,521,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Wow, you clearly live in an alternative Texas from the one I've lived in all my life.
I take it you don't drive or visit places where people might need to get in line for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 06:45 AM

26,706 posts, read 41,851,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I almost always park in handicap spots so I have extra room and prevent rude people from dinging my doors.

I drive a really nice car and I do not want someone denting it. Some cars are more than some houses. People should learn respect and not damage other peoples property.

I would have had all four cars towed.
My mother has a handicap placard for an "invisible" disability and to say I find this post offensive does not do justice to my feelings about it

Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 AM

922 posts, read 798,248 times
I once came out of the grocery store to find someone had parked literally 6 inches from the driver's side door. I am a big girl, and there was no way I could crawl over the console from the passenger side to the driver's seat. I had someone go in the store to page the person who had parked so stupidly. After waiting some time, a small woman volunteered to climb in and back my car out so I could get in. The other person never came out of the store to move their car.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:37 AM

973 posts, read 546,920 times
Now that most people always have a camera with them, one way to handle it would be to take a picture of the car that shows its license plate and how it's parked. Don't even acknowledge the person. Just walk up, snap the picture, and go about your business. I wonder if the police would issue a ticket based on that.

Another possibility, if you think it's safe, is to leave your car at the point where you'd turn into the extra spot. Quickly go into the donut shop and announce, "excuse me, could the person who parked the [make and color of car] in two spots move your car out of the extra spot?"

Old 05-10-2017, 08:04 AM

35,824 posts, read 18,164,828 times
So what about people who get in the 15 items or fewer line at the grocery store and have a cartfull? I'm willing to give anyone a pass for miscounting and having 20 items, but a cartfull?

There are 3 possibilities:

1. the person didn't notice the 15 items or fewer sign
2. the person doesn't care at all
3. the checker has waived them in because at the time, there was no one in line and no one in sight with just a few items (that's happened to me and then people show up who have 3 or 4 items and I have to keep apologizing, sorry, I was told to do this)

This happened to me yesterday. Some guy in front of me - fairly well dressed, looked average, had about 75 items and then had some other business to transact and then was all persnickety about how the stuff was sacked. I just sat there quietly with my 2 items and watched. Who knows.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:54 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,055,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I hope you're trolling, bc this is one of the most WT posts I've read in a long time.

Reminds of the time I went to the mall and me and three other cars (all over $100k) parked in ONE spot...and some WT had his tricked out muscle car in two. Yeah, you're so much more special than that Bentley over there.
For your information, I have valid handicap tags and can legally park in handicap spots. I also drive a very large SUV and it takes up an entire regular space. Which is fine, until a fool pulls in right next to me and they hit my car getting out of theirs, because they are to stupid to see it is a tight fit.

So take a flying leap...

Old 05-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Wtf? You'd take a spot away from a handicapped person for your stupid car? That's worse than those rude/careless people.
I have handicap tags...

Old 05-10-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
LowonLuck - just to be clear - are you actually entitled to park in those handicapped spaces?
Yes. I have handicap tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I hope you are joking.
I am dead serious.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Gee, thanks. People like you really make me itch to key your car as I help my mother shuffle past your car with her walker from where we had to park 100 ft. away because of your callous rudeness.

You're right -- people SHOULD learn to respect handicap spots so that disabled people can use them. If you're driving a car that's worth more than your house, you're misguided. Talk about a depreciating asset!

And the Mercedes, too, for illegal parking. :-) If you're THAT worried about someone dinging your car, you should be willing to walk just a little bit further and park your car away from the crowd near the store entrance. But you aren't, are you? You just like showing off your car.
I have valid handicap tags and have just as much right to park in those spots as your mother.

I wish I could have bought my house for as little as my car, but I live in an expensive state.

Yes, My car was fairly expensive for me, and I want to keep it nice for many years. I could care less about showing it off. I drive it because I like it. I only talk about it, if someone specifically asks about it, and it is a great family car, so sometimes people ask for that reason.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Luck isn't the only thing you're low on. My wife and I both have mobility deficits and legal handicapped placards. I only use one when I'm having a bad day and my balance is questionable. I try to save the handicap parking for those who are worse off.

You talk about respect but you obviously lack that long with some other attributes.

Were I to see your car in a disabled spot I would likely report it to the police who would write you a very expensive ticket at the least and might have you towed as well.

The subject of this thread is, What makes people think the rules of society don't apply to them?
What's the answer?
I have valid handicap tags and can park in those spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships