Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 04:52 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,458,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Does your forum name "emotiioo" stand for emotional. Fitting.
Your posts ramble.
There isn't much left to discuss. Obviously we have opposite
viewpoints about cell phone manners.
Its clear that you need to have the last word. So if there is nothing to discuss, please feel free to stop replying to every observation that I make, especially as they have no value.....

Some light reading for you. Again, you might want to rethink your strategy of shaming strangers.

Enraged parents attack teacher with a brick after cellphone taken from

Woman Attacked at Movie Theater After Telling Other Patrons To 'Be Quiet' | Inside Edition

Old 11-11-2017, 05:53 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Its clear that you need to have the last word. So if there is nothing to discuss, please feel free to stop replying to every observation that I make, especially as they have no value.....

Some light reading for you. Again, you might want to rethink your strategy of shaming strangers.

Woman Attacked at Movie Theater After Telling Other Patrons To 'Be Quiet' | Inside Edition
Nah, I don't live my life in fear of crazy people.
Teachers have been attacked for giving out a bad grade, according to you they should rethink that and only give out A's. I read a story that a kid shot his parents for grounding him, maybe parents should be permissive in fear of being shot.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
So if there is nothing to discuss, please feel free to stop replying to every observation that I make, especially as they have no value.....
Recognizing they have no value is the first step to changing it, good for you.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:10 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,458,386 times
Quote:
Recognizing they have no value is the first step to changing it, good for you.
Doctors are doing wonders with meds these days I hear.... I hope you get the help you need!

Old 11-11-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Doctors are doing wonders with meds these days I hear.... I hope you get the help you need!
Being on these forums might be a lot more fun for you if you learn to not take everything personal and get
so defensive. People are going to have opinions you don't agree with. Just accept that and enjoy the forums as a place to bounce ideas around. Accepting that others will often see things differently makes life much less stressful.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:08 PM

741 posts, read 590,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
"I set it (the phone) inconspicuously next to me on the seat when dining with friends so I can glance at it to make sure any texts aren’t urgent"

absurd. People got along for centuries without this inflated, fabricated, undue, phony, self-important sense of false urgency and false need-to-know.
You know, after reading my comment out of context like this, it does seem ridiculous. I do remember a time when we all got along fine without cell phones and the world didn’t end. I’m going to remember this discussion and put my phone away completely next time I’m out with friends.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,204,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairMindedLL View Post
You know, after reading my comment out of context like this, it does seem ridiculous. I do remember a time when we all got along fine without cell phones and the world didn’t end. I’m going to remember this discussion and put my phone away completely next time I’m out with friends.
Oh, that's far too sensible considering how this thread has degenerated.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:21 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Doubt Mrs. Winkleman would approve
No Mrs. Winkelman.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:34 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:

These are extreme examples but although I am a pretty big guy and don't get messed with much I am no match against someone with a weapon or a group of people. So personally I would not get into it with someone unless it was unavoidable or totally necessary. You can be doing the right thing but also end up in the hospital or worse.

There was a time when people respected their elders and would never assault an older person but those times have changed for many.

Elderly woman thrown in pool after complaining about loud party

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...arty/22077426/

Old 11-12-2017, 01:03 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
Thread has veered too far off topic. Therefore, thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships