Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 12:36 PM

359 posts, read 321,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I have had my say and I'm out of it .
I'm still laughing at this post by OP a few pages ago

Old 11-07-2017, 01:20 PM

6,463 posts, read 9,840,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
I'm still laughing at this post by OP a few pages ago
Well she is a life saver.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:40 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,930,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I'm semi retired from the company but I still go in three days a week . A co worker was telling me that she had a date on Wednesday night and he was the choir director at her church . Well when he dropped her off at her place he asked if he could come in and she told him no . She said he became a lil irritated and said that he had driven a good bit to get to her and he never had not been asked in . I told her that was not normal and she did the right thing by telling him no , who knows what he had in mind ? I told her she should also speak to the pastor of the church where he is employed and let the pastor know what occurred . I mean just because they are employed by a church does not mean they are a saint to put it mildly. For some reason that guy that worked for Joyce Meyer came into my head . The guy who handled security for her ministry at one time , he had killed his wife and two boys . Sad just sad . So I feel like I might have saved her life and I'm glad she told me and I told her so . Is this how men are acting on dates now ? I have been married a long time and I would not relish being single in this day and age at all .
Saved her life? Come on........

Old 11-07-2017, 01:44 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,930,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I never personally had a date actually ask to come in; they all waited to be invited, and to ask after a first date seems out of line. I know a woman, a senior no less, who asked a date in for coffee after a movie date. Well she started the coffee pot in the kitchen and when she returned to the living room the man was standing there nude! You just never know!
I'll have to try that one. You think its a little over the top?

Old 11-07-2017, 03:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,677,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
Wait, WHAT? How?
She didn't.

The OP is full of herself.

Had her coworker followed this advice and this "pastor" or whatever he is gotten fired he might have shown up at the coworker's home and God only knows what might occur.

Talk about bad advice.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM

841 posts, read 1,124,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Part of the dating world is that you encounter the occasional jerk or have a date go sour. I don't think it's anyone else's responsibility to intervene in these situations. We have to be adults and deal with the situation on our own. Running to the pastor to "tattle" on a grown man seems immature and bizarre.
I agree. If this man has a pattern of doing this to other church women, then maybe the pastor needs to be told. But, we don't know this is a pattern yet.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:46 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Really? We don't know what might have happened if she let him come into her house. Even if he didn't plan on murdering her, being forcibly raped is no fun. Maybe he was not going to do anything untoward. But, if a woman doesn't feel comfortable in a situation, she should take precautions. She did the right thing in this instance.

I was repeatedly asked out by a man that belonged to the singles group at a church I used to attend. I finally went out on a date with him. I had no reason to be concerned about him nor fearful. We got back to my apartment and sat on the sofa talking. Next thing I know he is all over me, hands everywhere. I was able to push him away and make him leave. He was very popular with everyone in our group. So I was surprised at his behavior. Obviously I made it out alive. But I was also glad I was able to get him to leave before anything else could happen.

Another thing. If a woman wants to get to know somebody before having sex, it's no fun having to wrestling with him every time they are together.
Of course she did the right thing by not inviting him in if she didn't want to.
But, if she can't handle a man suggesting something she doesn't want to do she'd just better stay away from men.
OK...so now we know you weren't as smart as she was and you're projecting. There has been not one bit of proof that he would have been as aggressive as the one you were with nor was it mentioned at all that he tried to manhandle her.
He simply just acted like a spoiled child and didn't handle rejection graciously.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,539,368 times
Thread is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.