Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,349,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Mindset ...Being open to new opportunities.

Projecting before going?

I've met folks 5 years later...Not once did I say....Gosh they are still the same ole same ole...Ppl change in that time. Try to get thru life without adjusting or being affected by happenstance.

If you choose to project negatively...Then that will be your perception.

I've though stayed open to the opportunity to own my old thoughts and replace them with current views. You do have a say in your behavior and opportunity. Use it to improve ..Or influence good results. I think you can be a positive catalyst in this re union.
Gosh, in my family no one ever changes their spots. Tried for many years, with many years in between visits. The last time I tried, my sister tried to start something between my oldest and me. Backfired on my sister. She had no clue how close my daughter and I are. Daughter told me what my sister said to her. Lies.

Adding: this happened when my son got married. I helped pay for her plane ticket to attend!!!

My sister was counting on my daughter not confronting me. I've not talked to my sister since. I will not let her get the chance to hurt my kids ever again.

Some people do not change. Maybe she would on her death bed, I don't care. I will not see her or communicate with her ever again.

Bio mom was pretty much the same way. I heard she passed away last year. I thank God for my stepmom. Now that is someone I mourn frequently. I think of her every day. S'mom has been gone almost 2 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships