Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 05:19 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,069,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Found it.
YES!!!! This is one of the types I am talking about...ugly as the day is long.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:49 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,499,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
Who cares? How does this make someone a bad neighbor? They let you do what you wanted to your shared mailbox and you did. The end. Sound like perfectly fine neighbors to me. You're seriously holding their non-obsession w/mailboxes against them? Yikes. Put up a poll and I bet you 90% of people would prefer to live next to the "worst neighbor" over you, Ms. "literally all of my neighbors are 'ingrates.'"
THIS. ^^^^^^^^^

OP, still not pictures of the mailbox?

https://imgur.com/

https://postimage.io/ (Unlimited Bandwidth, Free to use but compresses image)
https://lensdump.com (Unlimited Bandwidth, Raw Uncompressed Image, Keeps Exif Data, More features for registered users and Free to use, 100MB max image file size)
http://cubeupload.com/ (Amazing and simple interface, Unlimited Bandwidth, Raw Uncompressed images, Free to use, 5MB max image file size)
https://flickr.com (This one is not for everyone, it is basically a service to showcase your artistic work but works as image host as well, owned by Yahoo!)

Old 12-21-2017, 07:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 9,809,257 times
Yeah, I really, really want to see this mailbox.

All of the mailboxes in our neighborhood must be the same shape in either of 2 sizes. All the wooden posts and supports must be of a particular style, and are supplied by the HOA. The color of the post/support must be a particular shade of brick red, or the same color as your house or your house trim. We do get to use magnetic covers for the box and this is a lot of fun. I have about 10 different covers, for each holiday and season and I change them out, so it's something new and fresh looking about every month. I have autumn leaves and pumpkins, spring flowers and birds, American flag for patriotic holidays, etc.

Here's what I use:

Standard Mailbox Covers

I'm sure some may think they are silly, but since it's only my box, I'm entitled to do with it what I want.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Yeah, I really, really want to see this mailbox.

All of the mailboxes in our neighborhood must be the same shape in either of 2 sizes. All the wooden posts and supports must be of a particular style, and are supplied by the HOA. The color of the post/support must be a particular shade of brick red, or the same color as your house or your house trim. We do get to use magnetic covers for the box and this is a lot of fun. I have about 10 different covers, for each holiday and season and I change them out, so it's something new and fresh looking about every month. I have autumn leaves and pumpkins, spring flowers and birds, American flag for patriotic holidays, etc.

Here's what I use:

Standard Mailbox Covers

I'm sure some may think they are silly, but since it's only my box, I'm entitled to do with it what I want.
The fact that some pictures have not been posted already is really telling to me.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 AM

10,119 posts, read 6,471,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The fact that some pictures have not been posted already is really telling to me.
The OP said she doesn't want to post any pictures for "anonymity's sake." Aside from the fact that the house address and number could be blurred out, I'm thinking that the mailbox must be either strikingly, um, "unique", or just plain the tackiest thing ever created. She also won't post the artist's website either, so we could at least get a general idea of the kind of work this renowned artist does. Hmmmm...

Old 12-21-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
The OP said she doesn't want to post any pictures for "anonymity's sake." Aside from the fact that the house address and number could be blurred out, I'm thinking that the mailbox must be either strikingly, um, "unique", or just plain the tackiest thing ever created. She also won't post the artist's website either, so we could at least get a general idea of the kind of work this renowned artist does. Hmmmm...
But she said she has posted it elsewhere so I know this is BS.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:33 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,032,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I've never heard of a party like that. I can see some folks having an issue moving around and others complaining about being one of a bunch of hosts.....Hosting a party is challenging and you never get to enjoy the party like guests.

Why do you need to see your neighbors in their natural habitats? They're not animals in a zoo.
Progressive parties are a big deal with many upscale people. I've been to and worked at many. It's awesome and people enjoy it. That said, it's more of an upper middle class and above thing bc ideally, you need servers, whether it's family or hired.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:38 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,032,635 times
I don't think it's weird to not post pictures of the boxes. This thread has gotten a little rude and who knows who has been lurking on it. She posts the website and next thing you know, the company gets some negative reviews by someone here who is crazy. The artist finds out about the thread, easily figures out who the op is and it gets awkward.
I think if it was just a "hey, I got a mailbox" thread, she would have posted it. It's way too doxy now.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:44 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,980,811 times
Personally, I wouldn't post a pic. I don't really think whether the population at large approves or not is part of the issue.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2017, 08:46 AM

45,552 posts, read 60,795,283 times
This thread is one of those that you know is a train wreck but you still can't look away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships