Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:15 AM

48,636 posts, read 35,115,494 times

Advertisements

Exactly what are they doing?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 11:18 AM

45 posts, read 35,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Exactly what are they doing?
They keep saying how they are "brothers" and have a deeper bond. They all pitched in and bought my brother an expensive grill and golf clubs. I wasn't included in that. They are also planning to buy other gifts once the wedding date is closer. I just hate that they act like they're related and grew up together. They didn't and I've been in my brother's life longer.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:19 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,269,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Well, they aren't just co-workers. They are literally responsible for each others' lives. They are closer than friends; closer than co-workers. Unfortunately, the English language is very limited, so the closest word they can come up with is brother. Just remind yourself that there is more than one meaning to the word. They can't diminish what you and your bother share ... unless you let them, that is.
Not only are they "literally responsible for each others' lives" I bet that there have been actual situations where they have "literally" saved your brother's life and vice versa.

If he moves to another city or to another job these men may stop being quite as important to him, or other men may take their place, but you will always be a part of your brother's life. Unless, of course, you do something to seriously hurt him, like bowing out of his wedding.

Suck it up and learn to appreciate his buddies and not to let these little things bug you.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanb1181 View Post
They keep saying how they are "brothers" and have a deeper bond. They all pitched in and bought my brother an expensive grill and golf clubs. I wasn't included in that. They are also planning to buy other gifts once the wedding date is closer. I just hate that they act like they're related and grew up together. They didn't and I've been in my brother's life longer.
So they are being awesome groomsmen.

You can either be awesome too, or the only one in the group that complained to the groom.

Remember who the day is about. Hint: not you.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Not only are they "literally responsible for each others' lives" I bet that there have been actual situations where they have "literally" saved your brother's life and vice versa.

If he moves to another city or to another job these men may stop being quite as important to him, or other men may take their place, but you will always be a part of your brother's life. Unless, of course, you do something to seriously hurt him, like bowing out of his wedding.

Suck it up and learn to appreciate his buddies and not to let these little things bug you.
Look, i do appreciate whatever they do for my brother in their jobs and that's it. I just wish my brother would focus more on his blood family and not them.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So they are being awesome groomsmen.

You can either be awesome too, or the only one in the group that complained to the groom.

Remember who the day is about. Hint: not you.
It's more about them showing off and trying to make me feel bad and look bad.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I sincerely doubt that is there motivation. Again, this is NOT supposed to be about you.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 AM

16,445 posts, read 12,620,936 times
Quote:
I get that.<bleep> They should call themselves friends and that's it.
It's more than friendship though.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-05-2018 at 04:42 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,442,863 times
Quote:
They keep saying how they are "brothers" and have a deeper bond. They all pitched in and bought my brother an expensive grill and golf clubs. I wasn't included in that.
Because they are friends with each other and you're not part of that. Get some buddies of your own and it won't bother you so much anymore. My sister has always had tons more friends than I did. I learned to accept it.

Weddings often bring out the worst in people. It's a shame. There were all kinds of family squabbles going in when I got married, and my parents were divorced. Since it wasn't an amicable divorce, they both threatened to not show up at my wedding. I hated being caught in the middle of that.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:32 AM

10,137 posts, read 6,512,030 times
Quote:
They're not showing off; they're supporting your brother and celebrating his wedding. And the only one "making" you feel and look bad is YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships