Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2018, 03:30 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,016,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanb1181 View Post
I doubt they would do anything like that.

You didn't answer the question.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,759 posts, read 18,101,092 times
It seems there is no end of celebrating his friends are willing to do ahead of the wedding. So the obvious answer is you have a bachelor party in town that you "host" (not pay for, but as best man, pick the venue) and they have a wild guy's weekend somewhere.

I don't know if they're planning to do a beach trip, a ski trip, a hiking adventure, whatever it is, that would be difficult for you to enjoy anyway.

So. Two bachelor parties?

Old 02-04-2018, 03:42 PM

23,447 posts, read 19,085,388 times
Quote:
They could help me. But, I wouldn't ask them for money to go on an out of state trip because I lived with them for awhile after my accident and they helped me with money for awhile too. So I'm not going to ask them for trip money.
Interesting. Seems that these other brothers aren't the unfeeling jerks you presented them to be. We all have our pride, but pride can go too far. OK, thread posters made some reasonable suggestions and considered other ways to look at this. So far nothing seems agreeable to you. You have made up your mind. Think again...what was the real reason you asked about it? If you are so confident in your position and are not willing to consider any other ways to think about it there's nothing anyone else can do. Enjoy your pinnacle...you'll have it all to yourself a lot longer than one day at a wedding.

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-04-2018 at 03:52 PM..

Old 02-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,759 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But she's soon going to become more important to him than anyone. And if they have kids... Like others have said, you're his brother and he asked you to be his best man. That's not nothing.

Do you all live in the same place? Is local for you local for everyone else?

Watch Bridesmaids--Kristin Wiig's character went through the same thing.

Any modern stadium is going to have accessible seating. It would've have been a matter of them calling the ticket office and also arranging transportation and parking.
Accessible seating is only 1% of the issues people who use wheelchairs endure. Until you've had a friend in a wheelchair - (and there are hugely varying physical abilities from people with full upperbody strength to people with no upperbody strength) - going to an event like that can be fraught with difficulties and indignities.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:44 PM

9,445 posts, read 6,601,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Call it majority, call it democracy - you are one and have special needs and are trying to run the show. It is his day and they are his friends. Clinging is not going to do it.
BTW - in a chair for a while thanks to running. There are times you have to put others before yourself considering you have limitations.

Out of here.

I disagree. It is the best man's responsibility and privilege to organize the bachelor's party, not a group of friends. The groom choose his brother, not the friends, and it is not a matter of "democracy". These firemen sound like a bunch of poor mannered overgrown kids who are overstepping their place in this. Stand your ground OP and consult only with your brother. There may be other male relatives and friends who he wishes to include locally, not just the firemen.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:51 PM

23,447 posts, read 19,085,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Accessible seating is only 1% of the issues people who use wheelchairs endure. Until you've had a friend in a wheelchair - (and there are hugely varying physical abilities from people with full upperbody strength to people with no upperbody strength) - going to an event like that can be fraught with difficulties and indignities.
Of course you are correct. Of course there's a lot more going on here than logistics. In some ways logistics are the easiest to get over.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:51 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,617,266 times
You'll probably never understand the brotherhood. But, it's real. Not for you, but for them. You can either accept it or you can be bitter about it for the rest of your life.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:53 PM

45 posts, read 34,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I disagree. It is the best man's responsibility and privilege to organize the bachelor's party, not a group of friends. The groom choose his brother, not the friends, and it is not a matter of "democracy". These firemen sound like a bunch of poor mannered overgrown kids who are overstepping their place in this. Stand your ground OP and consult only with your brother. There may be other male relatives and friends who he wishes to include locally, not just the firemen.
My brother has said that he wants a wedding party only bachelor party, so I'm stuck in a way as none of his other friends or our male relatives who live locally will be invited to the bachelor party.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:54 PM

45 posts, read 34,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
You'll probably never understand the brotherhood. But, it's real. Not for you, but for them. You can either accept it or you can be bitter about it for the rest of your life.
I don't enjoy other people trying to take my place in my brother's life. At the end of the day they should just be like co-workers and not view each other as "family".

Old 02-04-2018, 03:58 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,016,111 times
Quote:
I don't enjoy other people trying to take my place in my brother's life. At the end of the day they should just be like co-workers and not view each other as "family".
That's not for you to decide.

Here's the thing with love though - there is no limit to it. He can love all of them, and still have enough love for you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships