Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 03:17 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,390,041 times

Advertisements

You can get them to stop the joke by ignoring it. Right now they enjoy your reaction. Once that enjoyment is gone the joke will stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 03:22 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,015,883 times
Is this the same gang of idiots who was making jokes about you being a child molester?

Old 02-14-2018, 03:56 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,760,954 times
Sounds like you need new friends! Real friends don’t do stuff like that!

Old 02-14-2018, 05:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 26 days ago)

35,751 posts, read 18,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Is this the same gang of idiots who was making jokes about you being a child molester?
That's where I've seen this name before.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:38 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,268,829 times
Tell your friends that you are totally offended by there lame ass jokes. Then find new friends. They are bullying you.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:50 PM

16,432 posts, read 12,571,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
If that's the case, they aren't friends. They have no respect for the OP and only keep him around as an easy punching bag.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 PM

983 posts, read 2,777,862 times
Here's what you do. Play along with it to the point that it makes THEM uncomfortable. Start "flirting" with them. Sit really close to them on the couch and bat your eyelashes at them. Tell them "Jake is cute, but I just realized YOU are way cuter!". Be really obnoxious with the flirting and don't let up. Start calling each of them things like "big boy". Touch their arms accordingly and fawn over how muscular they are.

The point is, play their game and act like you are having as much fun with it as they are. When they see you aren't bothered by their teasing, they will drop it. It's only fun to them because they see it bothers you.

But I do have to wonder if these guys are even worth being friends with. They sound like a bunch of jerks.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:30 PM

820 posts, read 976,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
Here's what you do. Play along with it to the point that it makes THEM uncomfortable. Start "flirting" with them. Sit really close to them on the couch and bat your eyelashes at them. Tell them "Jake is cute, but I just realized YOU are way cuter!". Be really obnoxious with the flirting and don't let up. Start calling each of them things like "big boy". Touch their arms accordingly and fawn over how muscular they are.

The point is, play their game and act like you are having as much fun with it as they are. When they see you aren't bothered by their teasing, they will drop it. It's only fun to them because they see it bothers you.

But I do have to wonder if these guys are even worth being friends with. They sound like a bunch of jerks.
Lol that’s easier said than done but I can try it. The joke hardly ever actually comes up, but when it does it is incredibly frustrating.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:53 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,329,259 times
Quote:

Do NOT try that.
I've seen your situation before, a couple of times I guess, in which the "make them uncomfortable with flirting" was attempted. It did not work. Enemies were made, and it escalated into a fight in one case.
Secondly, it's dishonest in the same way that the so-called joke is dishonest.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:26 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,300,097 times
Quote:

This is very Bad idea. The OP has stated he's concern the joke will affect his rep with girls. If he even manages to pull this off as what you suggested, well well well those nasty boys will have more juicy tales to play up their jokes it only gets bigger and bigger.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Lol that’s easier said than done but I can try it. The joke hardly ever actually comes up, but when it does it is incredibly frustrating.

Yeah it's both disgusting to force a reaction out of someone like that, as well as be forced to be a couple with inappropriate someone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships