Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,563,639 times

Advertisements

Just had a very normal conversation with a coworker/friend who is a constant complainer.

If the sun comes out, it's too hot, If the sun doesn't come out it's not hot enough. work (today is "take your kids to work day" so "why are there so many kids here and not in school") kids, money.
Our work place is a "campus" so we have a lot of lawns, trees etc and she was complaining that one of the Canadian geese is limping. Seriously!!

LOL, now I am laughing because I realize this is a complaint about a complainer but how do you handle someone like that?

Another friend who is on facebook says she's like that on facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Well, the Canada goose I'd be talking about...not complaining per se....it's not a complaint...just a bit of concern.

some people have a very dry sense of humor....could you be missing something?

Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM

19,817 posts, read 9,381,719 times
I have only encountered one person like that. She was a secretary and I was the office manager, and it was so bad that I finally had to "call her on it"; and so I very nicely said that it was not appreciated and had a negative effect on morale, but with the implication being that she needed to either stop it or her job would be at risk. She apologized and her constant complaining immediately stopped, but the amazing thing was that she was totally surprised by our conversation and had NO idea it was that bad -- and this was a young woman who -- I swear -- would not talk for more than ten minutes without complaining about something.

So, maybe your coworker/friend is just as clueless as this young woman was, and she might even appreciate having this trait pointed out to her.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
My god, I'm married to one.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have only encountered one person like that. She was a secretary and I was the office manager, and it was so bad that I finally had to "call her on it"; and so I very nicely said that it was not appreciated and had a negative effect on morale, but with the implication being that she needed to either stop it or her job would be at risk. She apologized and her constant complaining immediately stopped, but the amazing thing was that she was totally surprised by our conversation and had NO idea it was that bad -- and this was a young woman who -- I swear -- would not talk for more than ten minutes without complaining about something.

So, maybe your coworker/friend is just as clueless as this young woman was, and she might even appreciate having this trait pointed out to her.

Very true....she might not realize...

Old 04-26-2018, 10:31 AM

6,310 posts, read 4,204,998 times
Yes, and I avoided her like the plague because she was like a walking piece of miserable mold. If it’s someone I can’t avoid I feel quite comfortable letting them know they are being negative, thankfully it happens rarely.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:36 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,645,195 times
Quote:
Do you know a constant complainer??
I avoid people like that, if possible.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:47 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,803,024 times
This post stinks. And most of the screen names are ridiculous. I wish this place had better and more interesting conversations.

There is no irony.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:14 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Well, the Canada goose I'd be talking about...not complaining per se....it's not a complaint...just a bit of concern.

some people have a very dry sense of humor....could you be missing something?
I'd be worried about that goose too!

Old 04-26-2018, 11:42 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
I make fun of people like that to their face and they get the picture.

I just take their complaints to the 10x degree.

"It's so hot out!"

Me: "OMG it's so hot out that it is like we are sitting on the sun's surface! How dare this beautiful spring day be so hot and sunny!"

"But you have to admit it is hot out!"

Me: "This weather just sucks balls, I don't know how I am getting through this horrible, miserable day, f&*% my life". Sarcasm, sarcasm.

You get my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships