Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 09:39 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EVCali View Post
I wonder if a petition signed by all the neighbors would make this "Singing Sam" understand how his noise is bothering, annoying and unfair to those of us who live around him?
Yes, try that. Can you call a meeting of your neighbors? Do you have a community room?

The miscreant lives in close quarters with others. He can either play nice or get out. He doesn't get to ruin it for other people.

Quote:
Any ideas? I don't really want to move, I like my apartment home, it comfortable and close to everything I need, great freeway access and for the most part my neighbors are great we're all around the same age, (retirement 55+) and we look out for each other, just this one 'fly in the ointment' is spoiling it for everybody...

You said you've complained to management and they tell him to cut it out, but he goes right back to doing it. I assume management is merely staff, so maybe it's time to take it to the actual owner(s) of the building.

If you don't get any relief from the owner(s), I have a few more ideas that work, every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2019, 09:46 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,860 times
Record the noise and keep a notebook with dates and times. Gather the folks who are unhappy as well and everyone goes to the management office together. If nothing is done then call your City Councilman and or the law. Make it your hobby until he understands.
Does he have any family members?

Old 11-02-2019, 09:53 AM

18,108 posts, read 15,683,109 times
How frustrating! I'd look into moving to a different unit in the complex to get away from this man and his singing, if not leave the complex completely.

When I owned a duplex style townhouse my bedroom wall, where the bed went, happened to be a common wall of bedroom wall of the unit next to me. Living next door was an older couple, the wife was disabled and the husband slept in a different bedroom down the hall. Middle of the night, sometimes 2 or 3x a night I would hear her yelling over and over, "ROGER! I have to go to the bathroom..." until she could get him to wake up. I had soundproofing installed, and then a new wall to cover that. It helped some, but didn't totally cut out the noise.

Single family home for the win.

Old 11-02-2019, 10:20 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
How frustrating! I'd look into moving to a different unit in the complex to get away from this man and his singing, if not leave the complex completely.

When I owned a duplex style townhouse my bedroom wall, where the bed went, happened to be a common wall of bedroom wall of the unit next to me. Living next door was an older couple, the wife was disabled and the husband slept in a different bedroom down the hall. Middle of the night, sometimes 2 or 3x a night I would hear her yelling over and over, "ROGER! I have to go to the bathroom..." until she could get him to wake up. I had soundproofing installed, and then a new wall to cover that. It helped some, but didn't totally cut out the noise.

Single family home for the win.

Absolutely not. For someone who calls themselves lottamoxie, you sure don't sound like someone who does.

The "singing man" is the fly in the ointment, everyone else in the building is fine per the OP.

He needs to "reel it in" or out he goes, not the OP.

The OP most likely downsized from a single family home and wants to live in a senior community, why should the OP and her husband have to relocate? Either to another unit or out of the building? Ridiculous.

I posted earlier if a few of the tenants united together made a veiled threat to move, that would light a fire under management to do something about him.

Old 11-02-2019, 10:33 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

If I am reading this correctly your husband knocked on the door twice on the same day, and the second time the man made that statement? ["What? You don't want me to sing either?"] He didn't recognize your husband on the the same day he knocked about the noise? His comment was odd, as if he thought your husband was a 2nd person complaining about the noise.
I read it as "What? You don't want me to sing EITHER?"
I think you read it as "What? YOU don't want me to sing either?"

Old 11-03-2019, 01:13 AM

18,108 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Absolutely not. For someone who calls themselves lottamoxie, you sure don't sound like someone who does.

The "singing man" is the fly in the ointment, everyone else in the building is fine per the OP.

He needs to "reel it in" or out he goes, not the OP.

The OP most likely downsized from a single family home and wants to live in a senior community, why should the OP and her husband have to relocate? Either to another unit or out of the building? Ridiculous.

I posted earlier if a few of the tenants united together made a veiled threat to move, that would light a fire under management to do something about him.

A personal dig, how utterly uncalled for and against forum rules. You've made an incorrect assumption about me, someone you don't know, based on one post. What's clear is this topic has triggered you.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:11 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
A personal dig, how utterly uncalled for and against forum rules. You've made an incorrect assumption about me, someone you don't know, based on one post. What's clear is this topic has triggered you.
Please, the OP stated the singing man is the "new kid on the block", why on earth should the OP have to move?

Your response was not very practical.

The "singing man" per the OP is the only problem in the building. If the OP and a few other tenants band together and complain and mention they will move out if this issue isn't addressed would most likely resolve it.

Certainly better than having to go through the hassle and expense of moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships