Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 12:01 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,998 times

Advertisements

This is an immature exchange for two dudes 35 and 40. I'd block his texts and that'd be the end. If he mentioned it in passing I'd simply ignore and change the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 12:27 AM

1,350 posts, read 820,127 times
Why be worried about when you run into him in person? Just say you were busy with this and that, say you gotta run, and just leave.

Don't text back right away, if at all. He is not your boyfriend.... friends can text back whenever.

You can't be a prisoner in your own home. Just go out and live your life, you are under no obligation to talk to him about anything at all.

He will soon find someone else to text with. You don't have time for this kind of friend.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:01 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
Yea but what if I run into him in the neighborhood and he says something like “hey man I been texting you” or something of that nature. How do I handle that?
”Every time you text, it turns into an argument complete with insults. I’m not interested in participating anymore.”

Old 12-27-2019, 05:52 AM

7,593 posts, read 4,165,130 times
He is fishing for a new friend who he can text when he is bored or angry. Don't be that guy.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:27 AM

179 posts, read 357,410 times
Quote:
It’s this dude I know in the neighborhood for almost 10 years. We never actually hung out before though. I’m not sure if I would say me and this dude is buddies or not but usually we talk when we run into each other.

So last year somehow me and this dude exchanged numbers. He started texting me every week political related videos police brutality etc.

He also always tells me about the issues he’s having with his child mother and the issues at his job.

So about 4 days ago he texts me. Here’s what was said

Him: Knicks tickets are cheap now

Me: not really unless you know someone who you can get it cheap from

Him: I always have and I’m not a lazy dude. I don’t have the luxury to sit around all day

Me: what does being lazy have to do with Knicks tickets being cheap

Him: You lazy man

After that I stopped texting him that day cause I don’t know what he was trying to imply or what.

Here’s where things get weird

He texts me yesterday on Christmas Day saying he got a big screen tv for Christmas. I said cool.

Later on he texts me after the basketball game because his team lost. He said the other team got lucky. After that we wind up getting into a debate about basketball. To summarize the story, during the argument he used terms like “are you dumb” “are you retarded” “ you sound retarded” “you don’t know more about sports than me and I’m older than you”. “Something is wrong with y’all young generation”.

Mind you I’m 35 and this dude 40. This is the type of stuff he was saying during the argument. It actually made me feel like he was trying to cause a fight or something.

So during the argument he said “conversation over dont ever talk to me about sports again”.
I said yea but I proved my point. He then sent me a clown emoji. I felt like he was trying to call me a clown. I didn’t text him back after that.

This morning he texted me a music video with a political meaning and said “what you know about this”.

I texted back and said “wow this is deep. It can be applied to what’s going on today”.

He said “what?”

So I explained to him what I meant.

He then said “ok but you don’t know nothing about this”.

I stopped texting him after that because I felt like he was trying to be ignorant. Later on he texted me saying he got Knicks tickets. He texted me at the same time the game had started. The game started 7:30 and he texted me 7:25 saying he got tickets lol.

How should I handle this situation with this dude? What to do when I see him in person again?
Tell him to stop texting you and then stop responding to anything after that. Around the neighborhood, just be cordial and say what's up and then keep moving. Just be quick about it and move on. The way it seems, he could also have some learning disability. I knew someone that did, and they acted similar. Always asking questions and then mocking the answer and making me feel stupid.

Good luck with that.

--B

Old 12-27-2019, 06:41 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,005 times
I agree with the others. Stop replying to his texts and if you see him out in public, you don't have to tell him anything. Just keep walking.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:52 PM

6,460 posts, read 3,983,103 times
Quote:
Yea but I got a feeling this dude is gonna text me in the morning. He’s either gonna send some political video or music video from YouTube. What if he does? Should I respond to it
See post #5.

Quote:
Yea but what if I run into him in the neighborhood and he says something like “hey man I been texting you” or something of that nature. How do I handle that?
"Oh, have you?" Keep walking.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:37 PM

5,490 posts, read 3,931,751 times
Knicks tickets should be cheap; they're 8-24.

Can't you offer up a 'hey man, you're texting me a lot lately--what's going on?' sort of answer? Kind of give him the hint that it's more than you'd want to communicate with him...unless you get the idea that saying that will set him off

Old 12-28-2019, 02:46 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Does he do drugs?

Old 12-28-2019, 06:31 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
Im amazed that grown people have such a difficult time drawing boundaries. Maybe its social media that has screwed up peoples brains, I dont know. What is so difficult with....dont answer. Just dont answer. If he should talk to you on the street about why you dont answer, you say you just dont text anymore. Simple. Done. If he keeps texting and you dont want to be bothered, block his number. Draw your own boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships