Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM

478 posts, read 2,304,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
But it's got me wondering if the majority of posters responding are working women with children. The way I see it is that anyone can bake the obligatory gingerbread house at Christmas and attend sports games, but never going camping with them? Wanting to leave before the kids or hubby is ready to during certain outings? Maybe I just have an idealistic warped idea about mother-children relationship. Am I being unreasonable?
I'm not a working mother. I don't have kids at all.

I DID grow up with a mother who felt pressure to be a type of mother that did not come naturally to her. That did more harm than good, IMO. There is nothing good that can come of people expecting a person to become someone else entirely. Especially in the mother-child relationship, it is best for a mother to know her strengths and weaknesses, so she can plan and compensate accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 AM

342 posts, read 1,832,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Hey, all I had to go on was what you posted. I didn't know she cheated on you and you have unresolved issues with her. That's what this is really about then. In light of this new information, I would guess her not wanting to be around and act like the perfect family doesn't have anything to do with the kids, but more to do with the two of you. Have you guys tried counseling?

Edit: I just read your post from a few months back on your wife's fling.

Edited again: Okay, actually, I just scanned through the entire thread. Things obviously aren't getting any better. Forget counseling. Staying together for the sake of the kids never works. Leave her cheating ass. That's my advice. Good luck.
I think the same, especially in light of the new information regarding the fling/infidelity. If it's always been this way, then it may still be a difference in parenting. But if she kind of "checked out" over the years, or enjoys being along with the kids but not as a whole family with you around, then it's more likely a marital issue than a parenting one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships