Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM

53 posts, read 189,793 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info. My husband and I along with our four children are looking into relocating for NH and are very overwhelmed right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Ha, kmway! I thought I was the only person not all that impressed with Concord Mills. I love your useless information. Although I don't think the outdoor villages should count.
Ha, thanks! I am a fountain of useless information.

Concord Mills is way over-rated. There is one store there where I can buy some suits for work and I like the Ann Taylor Loft but heck, we have that up here in Birkdale. Plus at Birkdale I don't have to have every possible sense receptor in my body assaulted as I do at Concord Mills by the noise, lights, icky food court smell, scary people speaking a variety of languages while simultaneously running me over with their baby strollers....but that's just my opinion....

Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shareyourinfo View Post
Thanks for the info. My husband and I along with our four children are looking into relocating for NH and are very overwhelmed right now.
If you tell us what you are looking for maybe we can offer some suggestions?

Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
I agree with Concord Mills. Though Dave and Buster's can be fun.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 AM

23 posts, read 94,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally, if I lived in Albemarle and were NOT a realtor I wouldn't be so anxious to share the good news about Albemarle to millions of people on the internet. I'd be keeping the info a little more of a secret so too many people don't discover it and turn it into a place that you no longer recognize - which is what has happened in Charlotte.
Frankly, you are so wrong. I have nothing to hide. I told it like it is. I am being frank with the truth because it's all true. I think that we should all share God's Gifts. I believe that this place is God's gift to us all, and I don't believe that I should keep it to myself. So, you are so wrong, and why should you care one way or the other whom I tell about this paradise on earth?
P.S. That's where you and I differ. I would tell the world about this place, because I have no right "not" to tell. I am not stingy about God's gifts. I feel that if God is so generous with me, then why shouldn't I share my world?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-17-2007 at 10:17 PM..

Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
Default Pamela, you still here?

Hi Pamela... if you're still out there I was wondering if you could offer me some information. My daughter lives in Holly Springs, NC and I'm in northern, IL right now. I'll be retiring in a year or so and it's time to start thinking about what I'm going to do. I want to be closer, but not too close... perhaps a few hours. I've been thinking about Troy, Star, and after reading your post, Albemarle. It sounds very nice! I've always wanted an older home, loaded with charm and I feel this will be my last chance. I've been doing some research on real estate in Albemarle and really like an area that has older brick homes (Spring St., Montgomery Ave.). Can you tell me anything about this neighborhood? I'm an avid gardener and look forward to growing things that I can't up here. What is the soil like in Albemarle. Hope it's not the heavy clay I hear so much about in NC. Look forward to hearing from you...

Thanks Much,
Marcia

Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 PM

44 posts, read 200,846 times
What about the Sandhills "where o where?" It is probably an hour from Holly Springs, has great deep sandy-loam soils, and is located near Sanford (which I think at least use to be the brick capitol of the world) so there are probably a lot of older brick homes out in Moore County. Also check out Fuquay Varina and Apex maybe. And Chatham county is in my opinion the most beautiful county in NC and located near raleigh/chapel hill/ holly springs/ etc.. Just food for thought.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 PM

15 posts, read 63,823 times
Thanks for your post. My family is coming to Norwood for a visit in April 2008 (with the hopes of relocating), and we will definitely explore Albemarle.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times
I don't know how long it's been since you've lived in Albemarle or even been here but it seems like there is quite a bit of growth going on here. Course I'm not young like you and all that is here, mostly newer stores, some older stores, are enough to give me what I need. Besides I am trying to get away from the big city, my reason for picking Albemarle. With 24/27 adding more lanes it looks like many areas between Albemarle and Concord are in for some growth. A little might be good but not a lot. I like it the way it is. Only time will tell though.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times
A mall would be a good thing....I could deal with that much. I really think it will happen---not to sure when. Things definately don't move fast here. But I know when I visited Concord a few years back there was only a couple of hotels and a few chain restaurants there....now look at it! Some people are getting tired of the traffic in the cities and are moving farther out all the time. I personally would like this area to stay as it is, and it just might but I wouldn't count on it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina