Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:43 AM

983 posts, read 3,992,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah3291 View Post
thanks for this, it makes me feel a little less afraid of the place
Really.....just go sit in the food court at the mall and you see ALL sorts of people....my husband's aunt lives in Wilmington and says she hates coming to the mall in Fayetteville because of all the "freaks." You see people of ALL types in Fayetteville. And somehow, we all live together harmoniously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 05:03 AM

21 posts, read 48,931 times
I live in Fayetteville and I can tell you that in the country (where i live) people here still call gay people "******s" like its the thing to do.
I am originally from California, and moved here 2 years ago, it was a complete shock to me when one of my neighbors was talking about these 2 guys and kept referring to them as "******s" I hadn't heard that word in years.
I don't go "in town" too much, but i can tell you when i do, I have NEVER seen 2 men holding hands or 2 women for that matter (which in very common in CA)
I wouldn't worry too much about the Military, a good percentage of them are gay too, but just haven't came out yet LOL
Good luck to you I wish you the best, this must be a very difficult time for you, and it is really sad that you need to be worried about it
.Live your life sweetie and don't let anybody bring you down!!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 AM

21 posts, read 48,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_another_user_name View Post
I live in Fayetteville and I can tell you that in the country (where i live) people here still call gay people "******s" like its the thing to do.
I am originally from California, and moved here 2 years ago, it was a complete shock to me when one of my neighbors was talking about these 2 guys and kept referring to them as "******s" I hadn't heard that word in years.
I don't go "in town" too much, but i can tell you when i do, I have NEVER seen 2 men holding hands or 2 women for that matter (which in very common in CA)
I wouldn't worry too much about the Military, a good percentage of them are gay too, but just haven't came out yet LOL
Good luck to you I wish you the best, this must be a very difficult time for you, and it is really sad that you need to be worried about it
.Live your life sweetie and don't let anybody bring you down!!
well apparently i can't say the word ******. i can tell you it begins with an F and it has a couple g's in it

Old 04-17-2011, 05:48 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,303,293 times
You will be ok, it's not San Fran out there, but there are more gay people than you would assume. Part of this has to do with Ft Bragg being so close. I've been to the gay clubs out there a few times (used to live in Fayetteville) and there are no shortage of military men and women in these clubs. The military men are few, and more cautious, but the women have less fear and are much more flamboyant.

Just be cautious and aware of your surroundings, and you'll be fine.

I have seen women holding hands out in the mall, usually the early 20s crowd though who care less about what others think. I've never seen any men do it though. I wouldn't encourage them to without drawing unwanted attention from homophobes or closetphobes. I don't go to the mall that often even when I do visit, it's a pretty awful choice of stores. I doubt that much has changed in the past few years though.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,358 times
I hope it turns out good all round, cause im a gay make moving To Fayetteville From Mooers,
NY (3 miles from Canada) And going from a state that supports to one who is having issues. Hope for the best

Old 06-24-2013, 11:23 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,853,675 times
Even though it is not in Fayetteville, I encourage anyone moving here with questions about the community to contact the LGBT Center of Raleigh. They have ties to communities all over the state, and several people from Fayetteville and outlying areas come to participate in programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina