Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,941 times

Advertisements

Hello, my wife and I are considering moving to NC when we finish school in a couple years. I am interested in hearing any locals opinions on places to live.

We will also be visiting NC in a few weeks. We are both outdoorsy and are looking to do some camping and kayking while we're there. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger2013 View Post
Hello, my wife and I are considering moving to NC when we finish school in a couple years. I am interested in hearing any locals opinions on places to live.

We will also be visiting NC in a few weeks. We are both outdoorsy and are looking to do some camping and kayking while we're there. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
For canoes and kayaks I always like to recommend the New River near Jefferson. Zaloos Canoes | Kayaks And Tubes Camping is nice along the New also. http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/neri/main.php

NC is a large and varied state. It would be hard to advise you on specific places to live without knowing more about your priorities.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,941 times
[FONT=Verdana]We would love a coastal city but it really depends on where I can find a job or feel confident opening a practice. I'm a law student and I hope to open a practice specializing in mediation. Will see how that goes. We really just want nice affordable area with opportunity for a young professional. We both love the outdoors and want to have areas nearby for outdoor recreation but the whole state seems to have ample outdoor activities. [/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina