Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:23 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Stop drinking the sweet red substance lol. You do know how to count right. 34-28 is what 6?????? Of those 6 I would be willing to bet real money. A couple are long shots. That will never see the light of day. Just because you continue to make statements not based in fact. Doesn't mean anyone will believe you. Of the 28 projects I mentioned. Only 6 haven't started yet.

Residence Inn
Charter Square North
Edison Office Building
The Saint
616 Oberlin
Stones Warehouse(this may be a while)

Lots of big talk with few facts to back up your over the top statements. As usual. If you would like to try to back up these statements with fact. Feel free. Remember facts. If you a capable of doing so. I doubt it but we will see. Last thing when challenged on this on multiple occasions you couldn't produce. Maybe it will be different this time. This should be rich! Don't let your fellow drinkers down. They're depending on you

Not even responding to anything but hard facts. Put up or shut up. Let's move on to something interesting shall we.
Are those projects supposed to be amazing? Lol. Charter Sq. North looks like an office development proposed in SouthEnd.

I'm not sure why it's hard to grasp Raleigh's development is significantly smaller than Charlotte's. The triangle is spreads between Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Park, Cary & Raleigh. You lose synergy when spread out.

It's smaller. So what? I live in LKN, Lake Norman. I absolutely love LKN (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson). Even though it's smaller and traffic is worse than Charlotte, I prefer it here for now. It's so fancy, affluent and the developments & neighborhoods are fairly urban. So I'm not saying Charlotte is the be-all. I'm just saying its bigger than Greensboro & Raleigh. The Triangle & Triad are probably more comparable than CLT vs. Triangle. The only thing we both have in common is our state and we're both growing fast.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,444,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte485 View Post
are those projects supposed to be amazing? Lol. Charter sq. North looks like an office development proposed in southend.

I'm not sure why it's hard to grasp raleigh's development is significantly smaller than charlotte's. The triangle is spreads between durham, chapel hill, research park, cary & raleigh. You lose synergy when spread out.

It's smaller. So what? I live in lkn, lake norman. I absolutely love lkn (huntersville, cornelius, davidson). Even though it's smaller and traffic is worse than charlotte, i prefer it here for now. It's so fancy, affluent and the developments & neighborhoods are fairly urban. So i'm not saying charlotte is the be-all. I'm just saying its bigger than greensboro & raleigh. The triangle & triad are probably more comparable than clt vs. Triangle. The only thing we both have in common is our state and we're both growing fast.
+1

Take this how you please. I just started working part time working as tsp at the metropolitan target in midtown. So I get to talk to a lot of the customers, well guest as target likes to say. When I card people for high items or alcohol I always either get a ton of IDs from out of state or here In nc. The first thing I ask Is oh wow what brings you to Charlotte and 1st its the job market, 2nd its job relocation, 3rd everyone says its people that are visiting from out of state and has moved here or in the process and 5th its the hot new place to be and like how new it is. So I don't take this site seriously when I see the commits about Charlotte or its fast development. I talk to hundreds of people daily and they all say the same thing. Hell even people from nc and Raleigh. I Had a lady today that was amazed when she was here. She was like wow I had no idea Charlotte was this big and soo cityish compared to Raleigh. I'll have to make trips here more often. She said she had a lot of fun at the panther's game today and the activities afterwards.

Last edited by choloboy36; 12-21-2014 at 08:48 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 09:23 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Are those projects supposed to be amazing? Lol. Charter Sq. North looks like an office development proposed in SouthEnd.

I'm not sure why it's hard to grasp Raleigh's development is significantly smaller than Charlotte's. The triangle is spreads between Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Park, Cary & Raleigh. You lose synergy when spread out.

It's smaller. So what? I live in LKN, Lake Norman. I absolutely love LKN (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson). Even though it's smaller and traffic is worse than Charlotte, I prefer it here for now. It's so fancy, affluent and the developments & neighborhoods are fairly urban. So I'm not saying Charlotte is the be-all. I'm just saying its bigger than Greensboro & Raleigh. The Triangle & Triad are probably more comparable than CLT vs. Triangle. The only thing we both have in common is our state and we're both growing fast.
More meaningless talk. As I said put up or shut up. We are all waiting for this amazing list of projects. Not a lot of talk or explanation. Proof not Kool Aid talk. If it's that much larger it shouldn't be hard to prove at all.

The funny part is you can't even come up with a list to out pace DT Raleigh. Not to mention MT Raleigh. Or the rest of the Triangle. This is kinda fun though. Watching you try to fast talk us all. Nobody's buying it sorry. Still waiting on that amazing list

Last edited by Atowwn; 12-21-2014 at 09:37 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 05:55 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,526 times
I talk to a man Sunday night and ask where he was from. He said the Fayetteville area and came to Charlotte because it had more jobs than any other city in North Carolina. This is own opinion. But I see many people saying same thing. I am sure you will find people in other large cities in NC saying the same thing. Charlotte grows about 30,000 people a year. I do not know where all those jobs are coming from.

We need a break to catch up on our roads and streets. Hope under the state's new funding plan for road will give all the big cities in NC some relief. I think the Triad is doing better because they have not been growing like Charlotte area and the Triangle area.

I was in Raleigh Thanksgiving and saw many ne streets improvements, but I think they have the same problem as Charlotte, too many car for the main roads and streets. I think this this is where Charlotte and Raleigh are more alike.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:23 AM

363 posts, read 445,176 times
Quote:
More meaningless talk. As I said put up or shut up. We are all waiting for this amazing list of projects. Not a lot of talk or explanation. Proof not Kool Aid talk. If it's that much larger it shouldn't be hard to prove at all.

The funny part is you can't even come up with a list to out pace DT Raleigh. Not to mention MT Raleigh. Or the rest of the Triangle. This is kinda fun though. Watching you try to fast talk us all. Nobody's buying it sorry. Still waiting on that amazing list
Man.. I was actually starting to like you.
He posted several projects. You dismissed them as "boring". Then went and posted similar projects in Raleigh. Both cities have a lot of development going on. As has been posted several times, but you have chosen to ignore it.. here's a map. I do not really know which one has more or less development.. nor do I really care.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...E.klI9U5bNYpnk

A map of developments.

http://files.charlottecentercity.org/CCCP-SoCC2014.pdf

Here's a report from city center partners.

I think this should cover what is going on. I'm not sure if what other resources are available.. but these should be reputable.

Last edited by tdm51; 12-22-2014 at 06:39 AM..

Old 12-22-2014, 07:29 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,444,137 times
Charlotte among nation's most affordable travel spots - Charlotte Business Journal

Charlotte is frequently cited for its relatively low costs in comparison with other major U.S. cities. And a new report from Priceline.com appears to bear that out.

According to the Norwalk, Conn.-based website, Charlotte ranks the No. 4 among the most affordable destinations for the year ahead.

Just some more general information

Old 12-22-2014, 08:38 AM

489 posts, read 911,577 times
Quote:
You must be joking? I like how you hedged your statement. Practically huh? Examples? Or are you full of hot air too?
Because Cary is getting a fancy golf center...

Examples? You've spent dozens of posts disregarding examples, itt. An extensive map has been posted twice in the past 2 pages highlighting 99% of the projects occurring in Charlotte right now.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:23 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Charlotte among nation's most affordable travel spots - Charlotte Business Journal

Charlotte is frequently cited for its relatively low costs in comparison with other major U.S. cities. And a new report from Priceline.com appears to bear that out.

According to the Norwalk, Conn.-based website, Charlotte ranks the No. 4 among the most affordable destinations for the year ahead.

Just some more general information
But Charlotte isn't really much of a leisure travel destination from a national perspective, so that's not saying a whole lot. I really do hate these lists sometimes.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:42 AM

363 posts, read 445,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But Charlotte isn't really much of a leisure travel destination from a national perspective, so that's not saying a whole lot. I really do hate these lists sometimes.
Agreed. I like living here, but I wouldn't really come here for a vacation.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
Agreed. I like living here, but I wouldn't really come here for a vacation.
Yup....definitely a much better place to live than to visit, which is a heck of lot better than being good to visit but not to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina