Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
This is considered an attack on women? That's hilarious.
Well since men are allowed to expose their man-boobs then yes it is an attack on women since they alone would be arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well since men are allowed to expose their man-boobs then yes it is an attack on women since they alone would be arrested.
. . .and this is why it will go to court & be struck down.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Even if there were a law against it, would the law survive a challenge in court? There are federal laws forbidding discrimination against women.

At any rate, most states and localities do allow women to go topless - they've struck down the old laws. Even when women know that, they choose not to do it except sometimes for breastfeeding, but you don't usually see much of anything then. Women get noticed and hit on enough even with their boobs entirely covered, it must be completely embarrassing to deal with all the attention if they go without!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:46 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Babies crap all over themselves too, I don't think their vote can count in this particular matter.
The point is that breasts are functional. It's a personal point-of-view whether you think they are sexual. Breasts are not required for sex.
Quote:
When sexual foreplay is being initiated a woman is more likely to have which body parts carressed?

a) Her elbows
b) Her boobs
I'm pretty sure a lot of men have their chests caressed also. Their chests are nothing but much smaller breasts.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,562 times
Quote:
It's really democrats attacking society. Want to walk around nude....go live in another country.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
It's really democrats attacking society. Want to walk around nude....go live in another country.
Topless does not equal nude. This is a topic that was litigated in the '70s.

Men used to keep their undershirts on in public. When male babyboomers started taking them off in public, female babyboomers did the same & were arrested for it. This was thoroughly litigated.

Most women don't want the attention & keep their breasts covered. Go to a public beach & you will surely see obese men baring man-boobs larger than many women's. Telling someone to leave the country might make you feel like a big man, but your view lost in American courts 40 years ago.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:28 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,765,861 times
Quote:
Why can't NC republicans focus on jobs and the economy instead of constantly attacking women? Now they are going after women who expose their breasts.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com//774/...?z00m=20518071
Welcome to the party. Sorry you're late. Might I suggest a forum search when looking at an issue that's over a month old? And why isn't there a date on that petition? Maybe I missed it.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
There was some sort of protest a few months ago in Asheville where women were baring their breasts, or threatening to. There's probably a thread on it in the Western NC forum.

I think the legislation has been discussed somewhere else as well... not really new news.
It's a state wide discussion because it's a state law. Though I haven't checked the city-data it is funny to me that some people on this thread were on the original thread from two months ago. Why not point people there?

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ghlight=breast

Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Why can't NC republicans focus on jobs and the economy instead of constantly attacking women? Now they are going after women who expose their breasts.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com//774/...?z00m=20518071
Shame on you and the other person playing partisan to make it a party issue when it isn't. You probably think that every bill brought up is the idea of a Republican because that's who is in charge. I'm also guessing that you didn't use the same line when Dems were in charge which was for a very long time. So why didn't the dems focus on jobs and the economy?

No one is attacking anyone. People push things to far and other people react. The people have the right to petition their city government which they did and the city government has the right to petition the state government which they did. Maybe you think the 1st amendment should be suspended until the unemployment rate falls below a certain water mark but more than likely there is time to do more than one thing at once while that single topic of your interest floats through committees etc.

As I am sure I said on the original thread this is just like San Francisco banning full frontal nudity except for during parades. People pushed it there and the same thing happened. You might not know it, but SF is liberal and EVERY single member of their council and the mayor is a democrat.

As far as Asheville goes, the person that spearheaded it on the local level is BLACK, FEMALE and a DEMOCRAT.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
They hide it behind a veil of moral regulation.
Notice how the church wailed when Obama was going to force the church employers to provide BC, yet stood silent when ammendment one was proposed?

Didn't know we had a "church" in this country. In fact I don't think it's possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina