Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Thought that was a really nice video. Gave a lot of background and work history that I didn't know. I'd say he has a very good chance against Renee "but I need MY paycheck" Elmers.
Unless another contender appears or there's some unforeseen scandal? I agree.

It was a very nice video.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
It would be a hoot if Frank Roche wins in the primary and out seats Ellmers.

Rep Renee Ellmers Slams Clay Aiken on WMAL 01-29-14 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 03:34 PM

613 posts, read 746,516 times
Utter drivel. So he contends that we should continue to borrow massive sums from countries like China to fund our hugely bloated military?
The Defense budget was and is past due for a sizable cut. Pandering for votes. head in the sand.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:47 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
So from what I can see in the thread, folks would support him because he's most likely pro Affordable Care Act (strike 1), "cares about teachers/education" which to me reads like "knows the money for a whole mess of things just isn't there, including a bunch of raises for educators, but hey whatever make it happen" (strike 2), and............ he's gay and supports gay issues? (Not a strike but who cares?)

The association with UNICEF and sleazy non-staunchly-Constitutionalist politicians is the strike 3 for me.

Why can't NC send some representatives to Congress that want to legalize cannabis and its medical derivatives, preserve the right of the citizenry to be as well or better armed than the forces of the State, and that want to (rightly) dismantle all unconstitutional domestic spying and the associated agencies that broke the law to do it? Standing for kicking the private Federal Reserve and the sub-human filth that pull its strings out of all facets of US finance wouldn't hurt either. Neither would standing for abolishing the Federal income tax.

I guess actual freedom without a disclaimer asterisk accompanied by a paragraph detailing why that freedom is actually null and void in most places just won't get people elected anymore.
Just read your post and it was the first time I read any of your posts.

You are right on.

And when I say on I mean you are on my ignore list.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:09 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,290,539 times
A pair of Pygmies wrestling around in the dirt. The only attribute that either of these turkeys would bring to office is a pulse. Booooo!

Old 02-06-2014, 07:16 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,362 times
Clay Aiken's Economic plan:

From Twitter, "Dumb question: If the Treasury can mint $1 trillion coin to spend on debt, why cant it mint a $16 trillion coin & payoff the debt entirely?" -Clay Aiken

Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,362 times
Fron the N&O:

"...Aiken lives in the district, albeit in a $2 million dollar home."

What does it matter how much his home is worth? So if you're successful you're less qualified? #Envysucks.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:01 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich6896 View Post
Clay Aiken's Economic plan:

From Twitter, "Dumb question: If the Treasury can mint $1 trillion coin to spend on debt, why cant it mint a $16 trillion coin & payoff the debt entirely?" -Clay Aiken

No... I do not think it's an "economic plan." It's a genuinely good question, though. If they can mint a trillion, why not 16?

Not saying I advocate for either.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,310,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
No... I do not think it's an "economic plan." It's a genuinely good question, though. If they can mint a trillion, why not 16?

Not saying I advocate for either.
I would be very worried that a potential elected official would not understand the answer to this question! Inflation is the product of money supply and money velocity; increasing the money supply to this degree will cause massive inflation.

"More harm has been done by fools than knaves" -Abraham Lincoln

Old 02-06-2014, 06:49 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
It would be something if he actually won, but I think this conservatively redrawn district that stretches from almost High Point to Fayetteville and circle back up, but not touch to Cary is too conservative for him.

If he does well and makes a name for himself, I would almost expect him to go up against Burr in 2016. Have a strong fight and continue to build support in 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina