Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:33 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,199,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Pah back at you. When Perdue took office, the Democrats ran the GA. And those rankings include the Easley years when Kay Hagan was writing the budget. If they were in the other party you would like white on rice in your zeal to jump all over them.

Of course if the GOP didn't want teacher pay when Perdue was in control, they certainly wouldn't want it now. Yet under them, the teachers got a raise. The partisan nonsense logic is amazing.

The OP's condemnation of NC falls squarely on the heads of the Democratic party which did nothing for teachers for 10 years.
Prove me wrong then.

Lololololol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
LOL. You mean Kay Hagan, Mike Easley, and Bevery Perdue.

WalletHub used teacher salaries from 2003-2013.

We are talking about the budgets of Kay Hagan, Mike Easley, and Bevery Perdue. This includes the last budget from Beverly Perdue which lasted until 2013.

Now, for the first time, teachers have gotten a raise under McCrory, Tillis and the present day GOP GA. You really should be thanking them but obviously that wasn't your intent. I suppose this topic will die a quick death now.
What you say is complete nonsense. But I get it, your a lifelong Republican and no matter how bad they are you still think they are the best choice. Sort of like a Cubs fan.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:24 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
What you say is complete nonsense.
It's not nonsense except to the delusional. The survey used data from the period when the Democrats ran the NC State government.

Teachers finally got a raise under Tillis, McCrory and the current NC GA. Hopefully this will pull out of the disgraceful ranking that from the policies of Perdue, Easley and Kay Hagen.

Quote:
But I get it, your a lifelong Republican
Now this is nonsense. But I'm big enough to give credit where credit is due.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Lololololol.
As a good Southerner I was raised not to take advantage of people that can't help themselves.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:37 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,199,422 times
Quote:
As a good Southerner I was raised not to take advantage of people that can't help themselves.
And I was taught that ad hominem was employed in place of a defendable position.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:47 AM
PDD

Quote:
It's not nonsense except to the delusional. The survey used data from the period when the Democrats ran the NC State government.

Teachers finally got a raise under Tillis, McCrory and the current NC GA. Hopefully this will pull out of the disgraceful ranking that from the policies of Perdue, Easley and Kay Hagen.

Now this is nonsense. But I'm big enough to give credit where credit is due.

If your proud of the schools I feel sorry for you and your kids.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:51 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,263,938 times
Quote:
Meanwhile NC is the 5th fastest in job growth in the USA. Data and facts trumps rhetoric as it did to the OP here.
Quantity != Quality

Old 09-30-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
If your proud of the schools I feel sorry for you and your kids.
We were all educated in NC's great public schools and universities. We were even taught the difference between "your" and "you're". If you hate the the NC so much, I recommend you move elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Quantity != Quality
This is a theory they tried to use in Detroit. The history speaks for itself. I don't belittle people for working hard no matter what job they hold.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:36 PM
PDD

Quote:
We were all educated in NC's great public schools and universities. We were even taught the difference between "your" and "you're". If you hate the the NC so much, I recommend you move elsewhere.This is a theory they tried to use in Detroit. The history speaks for itself. I don't belittle people for working hard no matter what job they hold.
NFN but I screw up your and you're every day so you're not telling me something I don't know.

Who said I hated NC. Cheap taxes and little snow. I'm glad nobody is asking me to educate their kids. It's just too bad that you were not able to get educated in a state that favors education over basketball and football.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:

Who said I hated NC. Cheap taxes and little snow. I'm glad nobody is asking me to educate their kids. It's just too bad that you were not able to get educated in a state that favors education over basketball and football.
Condemning the entire state of NC in this manner sure sounds like hate to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina