Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 04:01 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I'm really surprised it took as long as it did for Charlotte to get its first Whole Foods. Didn't it just open up in the last 3 or 4 years? The Triangle has had many, for geez, 20-30 years or more.

I'm guessing that this is just a new branch of Anthropologie? I'm so not a shopper, but that seems like a Charlotte store. I forget if it's Anthropologie or Abercrombie that spritzes their clothes with scent. Had to go out to Southpoint mall the other week to shop for clothes for my teen to wear to a wedding and the stores just reeked. She wouldn't set foot in either one. She's not much of a shopper, either.

There's a bunch of new development in the works in Chapel Hill. Hard to keep up with it all and folks aren't happy about all of it. Lots of letters to the editor today about Obey Creek development. The University is tearing down University Square this summer and building Carolina Square which will have a performing arts space and incubator among other things (Old University Square to host new performing arts facility | The Herald-Sun). In other developments, Village Plaza Apartments will go in between Whole Foods and the ABC store on Elliott Rd. They're working on MLK and Weaver Dairy. There's a proposal for a 10 story development on Rosemary Street near Breadmen's. They're tearing up dirt right an left around here.
I know Hollister does this too, and it does absolutely reek. I always walk on the opposite side of the store at any mall because I just can't stand that smell. My ex girlfriend dragged me in one one time in New Jersey and I had to put my nose in my shirt...sheesh. Lol.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:18 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
$60M tire-testing facility to be rolled out in west Charlotte

Camber Ridge of Charlotte will test tires for automakers, the U.S. military and others.

Jim Cuttino finally has his financing for a $60 million tire-testing facility in Charlotte, six years after he came up with the idea.
Camber Ridge will open the research and testing center north of Charlotte Douglas International Airport and Cuttino, CEO of Camber Ridge, expects the facility to do its first tests during the second quarter of 2016.

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/1038781/michelin-tire-bloomberg*750xx4000-2250-0-209.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by CLT1985; 06-16-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 06-16-2015, 03:23 PM

Another bidder emerges for uptown land, but does its $15.1 million offer qualify?

Another bidder has emerged for a 3.76-acre city-owned property in uptown Charlotte, but the Charlotte City Council will have to determine whether the group’s $15.1 million upset bid qualifies.
A limited liability company called Morgan Bond Charlotte made the offer for the parcel at the intersection of Caldwell and Stonewall streets, says Tony Korolos, director of the city’s real estate division.

Morgan Bond is planning a mixed-use development at the uptown site that would include multifamily, retail and potentially a hotel, Korolos says. The company made its bid via email on June 9, but its $755,000 in earnest money arrived that afternoon after the 2 p.m. deadline. For that reason, Korolos says, City Council members must determine next week whether they will consider Morgan Bond’s offer a qualifying bid or instead accept the previous $14.15 million offer from Charlotte apartment firm

Another bidder emerges for uptown Charlotte land, but does its $15.1 million offer qualify? - Charlotte Business Journal

Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Another bidder emerges for uptown land, but does its $15.1 million offer qualify?

Another bidder has emerged for a 3.76-acre city-owned property in uptown Charlotte, but the Charlotte City Council will have to determine whether the group’s $15.1 million upset bid qualifies.
A limited liability company called Morgan Bond Charlotte made the offer for the parcel at the intersection of Caldwell and Stonewall streets, says Tony Korolos, director of the city’s real estate division.

Morgan Bond is planning a mixed-use development at the uptown site that would include multifamily, retail and potentially a hotel, Korolos says. The company made its bid via email on June 9, but its $755,000 in earnest money arrived that afternoon after the 2 p.m. deadline. For that reason, Korolos says, City Council members must determine next week whether they will consider Morgan Bond’s offer a qualifying bid or instead accept the previous $14.15 million offer from Charlotte apartment firm

Another bidder emerges for uptown Charlotte land, but does its $15.1 million offer qualify? - Charlotte Business Journal
The 4th bid for the parcel? Can thank WholeFoods for that

Old 06-17-2015, 11:40 PM

Streetcar pictures update, looking nice

http://www.jtbell.net/transit/images...1505/Arena.jpg

Come on July 14th.

On Greensboro news, I seen on several websites that Greensboro could be getting the new tallest in North Carolina outside of Charlotte

Old 06-18-2015, 03:00 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post

Come on July 14th.

On Greensboro news, I seen on several websites that Greensboro could be getting the new tallest in North Carolina outside of Charlotte
Yes, Roy carrol, who is currently building the 7/8 story 4 acre Bellemeade village adjacent the downtown ball park is planning to build a 561 foot mixed used office building, and plans to start as soon as he has a major tenant lined up.

The building would surpass Raleigh's tallest tower(PNC plaza) by 23 feet.

Roy has been secretly changing downtown Greensboro for the last 10 years.

this was the last building he built.

Center pointe.

Center pointe II is also scedualed to be built, which is around 24 stories, which will be right beside the above tower.

Greensboro also has a 14 story wyndham hotel conference tower that will be going up soon.

With the plethora of midrise apartments and office buildings that have been built or are currently under construction,
Downtown Greensboro has been rapidly growing in secret in the last decade. But the cat is completely out of the bag now.

More about the tower, Apparently two designs have already been shown, One with Conventional straight walls, and one with modern esque Curved exterior.

http://www.greensboro.com/business/c...d2946aebc.html

This is really big news for Greensboro and the triad!

Last edited by YinXyang; 06-18-2015 at 03:16 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post

Come on July 14th.

Lynx Gold Line Construction
? Charlotte CityLYNX Streetcar

Old 06-18-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Yes, Roy carrol, who is currently building the 7/8 story 4 acre Bellemeade village adjacent the downtown ball park is planning to build a 561 foot mixed used office building, and plans to start as soon as he has a major tenant lined up.

Center pointe.

Center pointe II is also scedualed to be built, which is around 24 stories, which will be right beside the above tower.

Greensboro also has a 14 story wyndham hotel conference tower that will be going up soon.

With the plethora of midrise apartments and office buildings that have been built or are currently under construction,
Downtown Greensboro has been rapidly growing in secret in the last decade. But the cat is completely out of the bag now.

More about the tower, Apparently two designs have already been shown, One with Conventional straight walls, and one with modern esque Curved exterior.

Carroll may build city's tallest office tower (UPDATED) - Greensboro News & Record: Business

Be sure to post pictures of the new tower when they are available. Good to see Greensboro is growing.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:17 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Be sure to post pictures of the new tower when they are available. Good to see Greensboro is growing.
Will keep you updated CLT

Old 06-18-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post

Center pointe.

Carroll may build city's tallest office tower (UPDATED) - Greensboro News & Record: Business

It really is a big deal. It will change The perception of Greensboro and will probably be a nice landmark. Its cool NC will have 4 legit large skylines.

In Charlotte news, hasn't hit the news yet but probably will soon, a 25 floor apartment tower announced for west worthington Avenue. I think construction in Dec.

That puts our Proposed high rises in order of height to:

35 Floor Tryon Place Office
27 floor 300 South Tryon Office
43 floor Museum Tower
33 floor Ascent
19 Floor Portman Office Tower
~27 floor Tryon Place Hotel
27 floor 1 Brevard
25 floor AC Hotels
25 floor Design Center
23 floor Crescent Stonewall
16 flood 1000 South Blvd. Office
25 floor Skyhouse
25 floor Skyhouse II
20+ floor Stonewall Interstate parcel (one with 4 bidders)
20 floor canopy hotel
17 floor Hotel by Arena (don't feel like thinking of the brand)

There are also rumors of a 1000 room hotel and licoln Harris will most likely have a large development on Stonewall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina