Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:29 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,836,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
Why? The majority of people in NC support HB2.
Evidence, please?

Surely if "poll after poll" has been saying this, you could find ONE (that was not posted by a biased/religious organization, but a legitimate unbiased polling house)?

If you're in London, why are you so interested in this, anyway?

PS, Trump (referring to your username) has come out publically AGAINST bills like HB2.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:31 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,836,713 times
Quote:
My thought was that just about every facility I have ever been in not only had male and female rooms, but family or handicapped/neutral rooms that could be used by a transgender. However, as I found out in that recent court finding, he refused to use the individual room that was offered to him. On the surface, that seems like it is someone being difficult. Here are two out of three places you can use, but you say no, I want to use the one that I can't use.
I actually had this same question, but apparently the one "single seat" bathroom in the school was impractically far from his route between classes, or something. It wasn't that he walked right past it and insisted on using the Boys'; it was on the other side of the school.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:33 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,398,598 times
Donnie Trump doesn't support HB2. He thinks it's a Yuge mistake. Companies are building walls around NC and we're paying for it.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:05 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Of course we would be agreeing with HB2 on some level. That does not make us bigots. It makes us open-minded to seeing the good and bad points of either the ordinance or HB2. Not having an "anything goes" or a "if it feels good, do it" point of view does not make one closed-minded nor does it subject us to being called harsh names. It's simply taking a logical approach and looking at this from a level-headed point of view, not the spirited approach that liberals tend to take when dealing with social issues.

What I find hilarious in all of this is when the opposition to an "open bathroom" policy is logically explained, to the point where the liberals on the board are saying the same exact thing, then suddenly the attention is thrown to, "The other parts of the bill are the ones that we're most concerned about!" And when, conservatives look at those other points, and actually agree that things need to be changed, or again, logical explain why the bill is right on certain issues, then suddenly the attention is turned back to those poor transgenders who can't use the bathroom of their choice and looky here at what a Richmond federal court had to say about it!

The truth is, I, and most people in this state and other states, are not going to be comfortable sharing the bathroom and the locker room with the other sex. I'm pretty firm with that stance. Not unless some renovation is made to ensure privacy at respectable level. That is not showing bigotry, that's standing up for my right to be comfortable and my dignity. On the other issues, I don't think anyone should be denied employment or housing based on their sexual orientation, gender, and our veterans should never, under any circumstance, be discriminated against. I DO think private businesses should have the freedom to create and maintain their own discrimination policies. If you don't agree with that business's discrimination policy, don't patronize it. Don't apply to be an employee there.

As well as, I do think one should have the right to sue within state court - that part of the bill just didn't make any sense to me at all. And finally, while I maintain that raising the minimum wage should remain state mandated, I am open to the idea of allowing cities the opportunity to propose increments of the wage as long as it would not effect other areas of state in a negative way. I also believe, again, private businesses - even publicly traded businesses - should always have the right to set their own minimum wage so as long as it is not under the state/national average - unless their employees make most of their money off of tips and commissions.

It's not all or nothing. Those on either side who think in an all or nothing mentality are the very ones who display bigotry themselves. They are the problem. Not those of us who are willing to see all sides.
I don't know what any of your prior posts on the matter were, but this is a very good one, and reasonably stated.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:07 PM

599 posts, read 401,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
PyroZack - There were many moderate voters who pulled the lever for Pat McCrory thinking he would be a "moderating influence" on an increasingly right-wing general assembly. The opposite happened, with the governor being no more than a mouthpiece for the "batsheet crazies". When Nikki Haley almost seems like a democrat in comparison to Governor Pat, you know something is rotten in Denmark!
I'd rather have Nikki Hailey any day as governor!!! She is very popular and actually gets the job done in South Carolina. South Carolina is controlled by the Republican Party and they seem to be doing a great job in attracting new businesses throughout the state. Here in North Carolina I believe our General Assembly has become to overly involved in the social issues which in the long run seems to be hurting the Republican Party the most.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:05 PM

299 posts, read 249,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I'd rather have Nikki Hailey any day as governor!!! She is very popular and actually gets the job done in South Carolina. South Carolina is controlled by the Republican Party and they seem to be doing a great job in attracting new businesses throughout the state. Here in North Carolina I believe our General Assembly has become to overly involved in the social issues which in the long run seems to be hurting the Republican Party the most.
There's a bill in the SC senate. But they say it's not necessary in SC because the law already states you use the bathroom of the sex you were born as. So in reality NC and SC are very similar. Both states have laws that discriminate against white people and males in jobs and hiring. But for some reason that state sanctioned discrimination is just fine.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:43 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
Quote:
Why? The majority of people in NC support HB2

False.

Public Policy Polling

Old 04-27-2016, 05:51 AM

37,892 posts, read 41,990,657 times
Quote:
There's a bill in the SC senate. But they say it's not necessary in SC because the law already states you use the bathroom of the sex you were born as.
No, there's no law in SC that says that.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:21 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
OK so just who is going to enforce McCrory's new bathroom policy?

Are we going to have a force of full and part time inspectors?

I can see a lot retired Republican legislators seeking employment as a Pecker Checker.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:40 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,700,683 times
More cancellations or potential cancellations.

http://http://www.hollywoodreporter....o-north-888098

http://http://www.advocate.com/sport...w-isnt-changed

Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato cancel North Carolina shows over 'hateful' anti-gay law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina