Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:34 AM

68 posts, read 77,964 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon!

I am born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. The past few years I've noticed that it is just to crowed. They keep building residential building and everyone is literally on top of one another and I personally can't stand it! I've never been to NC as of yet, during the beginning of this August I plan on makes a trip out there and checking out Apex, Cary, Raleigh I have heard that those are good, quite and nice spacious places to live. If you guys know of more places or better places please let me know! I am looking for someplace nice, where you can breathe and there is enough room. A nice size 1 bedroom apartment possibly with a parking space, maybe a pool and gym. Normal things! I have my associates degree in criminal justice and I am in the process of obtaining my bachelors degree in psychology. How is the job market in NC, where should I look to find somewhere what I am looking for? Any additional information I would appreciate.

Thanking you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 11:20 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
NC has lots of good places to live. Without more specifics from you, I don't think anyone can provide any meaningful advice. Will you finish your degree before you move? If so, then obtaining a job should guide your relocation decision. Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Wilmington, among others, would all be good places to live.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:53 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG718 View Post
Good Afternoon!

I am born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. The past few years I've noticed that it is just to crowed. They keep building residential building and everyone is literally on top of one another and I personally can't stand it! I've never been to NC as of yet, during the beginning of this August I plan on makes a trip out there and checking out Apex, Cary, Raleigh I have heard that those are good, quite and nice spacious places to live. If you guys know of more places or better places please let me know! I am looking for someplace nice, where you can breathe and there is enough room. A nice size 1 bedroom apartment possibly with a parking space, maybe a pool and gym. Normal things! I have my associates degree in criminal justice and I am in the process of obtaining my bachelors degree in psychology. How is the job market in NC, where should I look to find somewhere what I am looking for? Any additional information I would appreciate.

Thanking you in advance!
1. Visit and see if you like the area.
2. If you do, get a job offer.
3. Make a budget.
4. Search for your apartment.

And yes, I'm an old fuddy duddy.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:01 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
I would strike the whole idea of moving from your head before you visit here. You may find NC to be not to your liking. We've had lots of people move here over the years and immediately hate the whole state.

Apparently we can't: drive, read, operate schools, build roads, make pizza, provide decent bagels, not be rednecks, not suck. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the complaints posted here on CD over the years.

Visit first. For at least 2 weeks. Weekend trips do you no favors. What NYC lacks in parking, we lack in public transportation. No subways, far fewer cabs, we do have busses. There is a lot to consider before packing your bags. I'd recommend you look in other places as well. Personally, I'd rather move once than a few times, in search of the right place.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:54 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
I just got back from several weeks in NYC. Mostly Queens and Manhattan, but we spent some time in Williamsburg.

IMHO it is difficult to believe Brooklyn and NC are in the same universe. No judgement as to which is better, but so different. I recommend an extended visit before deciding.

You will be amazed how quiet 99% of NC is when compared to Brooklyn. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I just got back from several weeks in NYC. Mostly Queens and Manhattan, but we spent some time in Williamsburg.

IMHO it is difficult to believe Brooklyn and NC are in the same universe. No judgement as to which is better, but so different. I recommend an extended visit before deciding.

You will be amazed how quiet 99% of NC is when compared to Brooklyn. Good luck.

That's what I am looking for peace and quiet! The metro area has become too much and so over crowded. People are everywhere and there is absolutely no personal space even when standing on a line in a regular store, you literally have someone standing over you. Also the never ending attitudes of people, I can't.

I do plan on making a week trips out there, I've been looking into the Wake County area, it seems nice and just get a feel of it and the way of life more or less. Thank you very much for your input I do appreciate it.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I would strike the whole idea of moving from your head before you visit here. You may find NC to be not to your liking. We've had lots of people move here over the years and immediately hate the whole state.

Apparently we can't: drive, read, operate schools, build roads, make pizza, provide decent bagels, not be rednecks, not suck. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the complaints posted here on CD over the years.

Visit first. For at least 2 weeks. Weekend trips do you no favors. What NYC lacks in parking, we lack in public transportation. No subways, far fewer cabs, we do have busses. There is a lot to consider before packing your bags. I'd recommend you look in other places as well. Personally, I'd rather move once than a few times, in search of the right place.

I do plan on making a week trips out there, I've been looking into the Wake County area. From what I have heard and seen from Google NC looks beautiful. I agree, I do only want to move once and start to build from there. NY may seem like the place to be but truthfully in my opinion it is so overrated. I've looked into Florida before considering NC and it seemed nice also however it also seems like it is filled with a bunch of junkies and bums. If that is the case I might as well stay in NY.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:26 PM

197 posts, read 208,432 times
You two should be friends
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-triangle.html

Old 07-07-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellurium View Post

Yes! I wounder how it all worked out for her. I do agree with all she said. Living in the Brooklyn, NY is overrated in my eyes.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:40 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
NY is a state filled with smaller cities and towns. I often wonder why people in NYC don't explore their own state a little more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina