Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Coming down Wake Forest Rd is my favorite angle of downtown. Will be nice to see most of the gaps filled in the coming years.
A few towers to the left would make this angle look like a nice/modern version of Richmond

Old 05-13-2019, 08:25 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,034,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
A few towers to the left would make this angle look like a nice/modern version of Richmond
I don’t believe there will be hardly any expansion of the skyline to the left in the picture. It turns into SFH’s very quickly. Everything that is proposed so far is either in the Fayetteville st core or to the right of it. All the way to just past the pictures end where a couple big towers are being considered. If the 40 story proposals ever go through then the future silhouette of downtown will end up as a long “U” shape from this angle. Fayetteville st’s height....lots of low/med/high-rises....then a couple more skyscrapers. Like Charlottes crown shape just without the middle point. At least from this angle and speaking hypothetically of course. Who knows how it will actually grow.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:13 PM

Old 05-14-2019, 10:14 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
^You really get to see how Fourth Ward has boomed in recent years with this pic.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:41 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,940,346 times
Quote:
Saying that Greensboro looks like a big city when it looks like a small city, particularly in that photo?

There’s nothing wrong with being a smaller city. Take a look at Greenville or Charleston, SC. Both amazinggg downtowns. Energetic, lively, one with a case to be made it’s a global destination and even has a flight to London on British Airways...

My opinion. It doesn’t look like a big city. In the slightest. Maybe to you it does. But not to me.
It's all relative.. Some companies with offices in several cities are loathe to include "Atlanta" in the branding, business cards, etc....

because they believe that it diminishes their stature, as Atlanta can still be thought of as a homegrown, local small-time city with cachet that's limited to America proper.

Not worthy of standing beside San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York, which are world cities.

So imagine what that perspective does to Charlotte!

Old 05-15-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
It's all relative.. Some companies with offices in several cities are loathe to include "Atlanta" in the branding, business cards, etc....

because they believe that it diminishes their stature, as Atlanta can still be thought of as a homegrown, local small-time city with cachet that's limited to America proper.

Not worthy of standing beside San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York, which are world cities.

So imagine what that perspective does to Charlotte!

So we agree. Maybe at least let’s set the bar saying your downtown must look at least as big as Shreveport before we starting saying it looks like a large downtown

Old 05-16-2019, 08:58 AM

511 posts, read 511,187 times
Quote:
So we agree. Maybe at least let’s set the bar saying your downtown must look at least as big as Shreveport before we starting saying it looks like a large downtown
It was a Charlotte poster who said "Greensboro is getting to look like a big city in its downtown area." We wouldn't dare assume we are anywhere near as great of a city as Shreveport.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
I know its a small blip on the radar, but I am so excited living in Morganton. I honestly expect it to pass up Hickory in about 10 years, The city has made so many superior growth and improvement decisions vs Hickory and with the new Hotel under construction just north of Downtown at 5 floors, I honestly expect to see a 10 floor skyline in the next 10 years. All the monwy has slowly been trickling out of Hickory to Morganton for about 3 years now. This infrastructure with greenways, and a active downtown night life already in place, I look for some exciting times to come.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM

4,605 posts, read 6,429,984 times
Any recent pics of Morganton?

Old 05-16-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
It was a Charlotte poster who said "Greensboro is getting to look like a big city in its downtown area." We wouldn't dare assume we are anywhere near as great of a city as Shreveport.
What difference does it make if it was a Charlotte poster?

Size of a city doesn’t make a city more great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina