Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:42 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times

Advertisements

what % of people wouldn't have the last 4 of their SS#?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 08:55 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
I don't think it was an either/or Bo. I think it was NCDL/State ID number AND last 4 of your SSN. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have an NCDL or State ID. My oldest is 17 and she knows a lot of kids who don't want their driver's licenses. I made her do Drivers Ed and she has a permit, but she doesn't want to get her license. If I can't convince her I will have her get a state ID, but I hope to be able to convince her. We have several nieces and nephews who didn't get their licenses until they were in their mid 20s. I don't know why, but I guess they're all so connected with phones and social media they don't feel the need to physically get together as much??

Anyway, it is both the NCDL/State ID AND the last 4 of the SSN in section 3.

If you don't have both of those, that's when you can take the utility bill, but I could see some folks not having that either.

Quote:
Registration ID — Under federal and state law, if you apply to
register to vote and do not provide a valid identification number
in Section 3 on this form, you must enclose a copy of one of
the following documents with this application:
 A current and valid photo ID
 A current utility bill, bank statement, government check,
paycheck, or other government document that shows
your name and address
If you do not provide a valid form of identification, you will be
asked to show ID the first time you present to vote.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:14 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have an NCDL or State ID.

Are there really that many people that do not have an ID? I am asked for a photo ID every time I visit a medical facility/Dr. office. How do those without ID go to the doctor?

Old 10-06-2018, 06:27 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Are there really that many people that do not have an ID? I am asked for a photo ID every time I visit a medical facility/Dr. office. How do those without ID go to the doctor?
This says 3 million people don't have a government issued ID:

https://www.npr.org/2012/02/01/14620...-government-id

Your doctor's office asks for your ID; they don't require you to have one to obtain service.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:56 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
I don't recall ever in my life being asked for an ID when I go to the doctor??! What kind of doctor do you go to? I'm asked for my insurance card and if there have been any changes to my insurance, but not my ID.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:58 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Your doctor's office asks for your ID; they don't require you to have one to obtain service.

Depends on the doctor. The purpose of the photo ID (along with insurance card) is usually to try to prevent insurance fraud.

Quote:
I don't recall ever in my life being asked for an ID when I go to the doctor??! What kind of doctor do you go to? I'm asked for my insurance card and if there have been any changes to my insurance, but not my ID.

Doctors I have seen that are part of both Rex/UNC and Duke have asked for photo ID.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Depends on the doctor. The purpose of the photo ID (along with insurance card) is usually to try to prevent insurance fraud.
I simply do not believe any doctor would deny service to an individual who does not present a photo ID. It is outlandish to make such a claim.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:49 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
I don't recall ever in my life being asked for an ID when I go to the doctor??!
I go to Duke Primary Care-Pickett Road and Duke Triangle Heart Associates (both in Durham). Whenever I check in at the front desk for an appointment, they ask for my ID.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I simply do not believe any doctor would deny service to an individual who does not present a photo ID. It is outlandish to make such a claim.
They may not process your insurance without ID.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
They may not process your insurance without ID.
Prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina