Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 07:28 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
Still doesn't answer my question, and isn't a good reason to vote for him but oh well.
Oh well, yes not minding the first term of a president is a bad reason to vote for his second.

You are the stable genius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 07:31 PM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Oh well, yes not minding the first term of a president is a bad reason to vote for his second.
"Not minding" isn't the same as, say, "liking" or "fully supporting". Its an odd reason to vote for someone, imo.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
"Not minding" isn't the same as, say, "liking" or "fully supporting". Its an odd reason to vote for someone, imo.
Why?

If I made the assessment one candidate I wouldn't mind and another I would even slightly dislike it seems quite coherent

Old 10-06-2020, 08:00 PM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
Quote:
If I made the assessment one candidate I wouldn't mind and another I would even slightly dislike it seems quite coherent
Hmm, ok, not sure I understand what you're trying to say. I guess we have very different views on Trump, what he is, what he's doing, his effect on our nation, etc.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:09 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
No they finally were told to remove it but it was there for a long time I saw it myself

All I really feel motivated to say is good ideas should have good results and the most liberal states NY and CA are circling the drain. If Biden loses and they don't get bailed it it's curtains for them.
Those states alone consist of 30% of the USA's GDP and give far more to the federal government than they receive in turn. They're basically forced to fund a whole bunch of red states like Kentucky and Mississippi on their own, giving those red states the freedom to keep their taxes low with zero consequences. Once the blue state funding is gone, red states other than Texas will be in deep trouble. Be careful what you wish for.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Those states alone consist of 30% of the USA's GDP and give far more to the federal government than they receive in turn. They're basically forced to fund a whole bunch of red states like Kentucky and Mississippi on their own, giving those red states the freedom to keep their taxes low with zero consequences. Once the blue state funding is gone, red states other than Texas will be in deep trouble. Be careful what you wish for.
This is quite the mis information but it alwaya depends how you look at it. The state that gets the most federal funding is california

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rank

But so what some states are rich and urban and others are rural and agrarian. Should NY hoard dollars and iowa hoard grain? Who will win

Federal funding pays for a zillion things from farmer subsidies to the military acting like it's some sort of divided per capita based on the states it goes to is as dumb, if not dumber, than repubs getting up there and saying the government should be compared to a family budget

Old 10-06-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Hmm, ok, not sure I understand what you're trying to say. I guess we have very different views on Trump, what he is, what he's doing, his effect on our nation, etc.
You totally understand you're just playing dumb are you saying right here you don't understand the difference between doesn't mind and dislike?

Old 10-07-2020, 06:24 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,530,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
So tell us more...what is the BLM definition of family, and why are you against it?
The founders of BLM state that the idea family should not be a nuclear family. Are you kidding me? A family needs a father and a mother! They have been promoting single family households and that a family with only a single mother should be celebrated. I'm paraphrasing here, but that's what they believe in theory.

Secondly, BLM has been anti-Christian. Sorry, but if you are against Jesus, I cannot support you. I'm not the only African American that feels this way. Just because someone looks like me, that does not mean you get my support.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:54 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
The founders of BLM state that the idea family should not be a nuclear family. Are you kidding me? A family needs a father and a mother! They have been promoting single family households and that a family with only a single mother should be celebrated. I'm paraphrasing here, but that's what they believe in theory.
I believe they are trying to shift the narrative of "ideal." Many people are single parent households facing an uphill climb in society because we collectively say they are not an "ideal" family. That child then spends their whole upbringing being told they are not coming from something ideal. Instead, if you can support single parent households with other people in their lives to love them and show them they are worthy, things like love and marriage can more organically happen in due time, rather than just being done to become "ideal."

In many instances, the parent raising the kid doesn't want to be a single parent, they just are. People can't always control a partner leaving them, refusing to help raise a kid, divorcing and moving away, or dying. As a society, we say "Your family isn't ideal now that your husband walked out on you for a younger woman." That single parent didn't chose to get left, but that's reality. In the current system, our society says "Well you better get out there and start dating fast, find a new man, and get married again ASAP because you aren't "ideal" until you do that." Maybe we can flip the narrative a bit so people don't have to make such tough decisions just to feel a sense of belonging in the fabric of our society. We can say ALL parent's who love their kids and are trying to do their very best for them given the circumstances are an "ideal" parent and an "ideal" family. Rather than, "Well yeah, you are a great mom, but definitely not an ideal family and you best find a new husband to be good enough."

Old 10-08-2020, 10:44 AM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Last day to register to vote is tomorrow, folx. Get it done! Here are important dates for NC.

Quote:
Election day is Nov. 3

Registration deadlines
Online: Oct. 9
By mail: Postmarked by Oct. 9
In person: Oct. 9

Absentee ballot deadlines
Request: Received by Oct. 27
Return by mail: Postmarked by Nov. 3
Return in person: Nov. 3 by 5:00 p.m.

Early voting
Oct. 15 - Oct. 31, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live

Additional information
After the regular voter registration deadline of Friday, October 9, 2020, you can register and vote in person at one-stop sites during the early voting period, which runs from Thursday, October 15, 2020 to Saturday, October 31, 2020. This process is known as same-day registration. Same-day registrants must attest to their eligibility and provide proof of residence. Within two business days, the county board of elections will review the registration and the registrant's address. Your vote will be counted unless the county board of elections determines that you are not qualified to vote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina