Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do North Carolinians view D.C. or Atlanta as their closest major city?
Washington, D.C. 27 29.67%
Atlanta 29 31.87%
Neither 35 38.46%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 09:10 AM

725 posts, read 494,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernTransplanted View Post
Dude. Yikes. Racism much? Jesus.
What racism? He is right. That is DC.'s nickname because of the huge african-american presence and legacy. Im really starting to question if you are truly from " up north."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 10:33 AM

65 posts, read 21,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Dreaming 2 View Post
What racism? He is right. That is DC.'s nickname because of the huge african-american presence and legacy. Im really starting to question if you are truly from " up north."
And I'm starting to question if you know what racism is. If you don't think referring to a predominately African American city as "chocolate city" is racist, then I can't help you. Sorry.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
The problem is that the truth is being spoken in this thread is that most North Carolinian do view Charlotte as their closest major city despite someone trying to make it seem otherwise. The title SHOULD of been :which OTHER
major city outside of Charlotte do North Carolinian view as closest, Atlanta or D.C.? And by the way D.C. is my hometown and I still view Charlotte as the major city for the state.....
Charlotte is perhaps ONE of the "major" cities in the state. No one thinks of Charlotte in the Triangle as THE major city in the state...or even as a major city a all for that matter...at least not anymore major than the Triangle area. If you mean because of Charlotte's population, well then Wake is THE major county NC because it's the most populated county in the state. People in the Triangle think of DC as the next closest major city, after that, Atlanta. Charlotte is more or less overlooked in the Triangle completely or is viewed as a center for mega churches and NASCAR, if they think of Charlotte at all. Can't speak for folks in the Triad. I can tell you when I hear of people I know in the western part of the state going to the "big city" within the state for a day trip, weekend or whatever it's usually Charlotte not Raleigh, and when people I know in the eastern part of the state go to the "big city" within the state for a day trip, weekend or whatever it's usually Raleigh not Charlotte.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
And I'm starting to question if you know what racism is. If you don't think referring to a predominately African American city as "chocolate city" is racist, then I can't help you. Sorry.
Bro I'm BLACK and from DC....stop it!....smh

Old 02-12-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Charlotte is perhaps ONE of the "major" cities in the state. No one thinks of Charlotte in the Triangle as THE major city in the state...or even as a major city a all for that matter...at least not anymore major than the Triangle area. If you mean because of Charlotte's population, well then Wake is THE major county NC because it's the most populated county in the state. People in the Triangle think of DC as the next closest major city, after that, Atlanta. Charlotte is more or less overlooked in the Triangle completely or is viewed as a center for mega churches and NASCAR, if they think of Charlotte at all. Can't speak for folks in the Triad. I can tell you when I hear of people I know in the western part of the state going to the "big city" within the state for a day trip, weekend or whatever it's usually Charlotte not Raleigh, and when people I know in the eastern part of the state go to the "big city" within the state for a day trip, weekend or whatever it's usually Raleigh not Charlotte.
Dude you brought the Triangle into this and I said NOTHING about the area at all. I specifically mentioned Charlotte. This shows that you really got on here to vent because you feel some type of way about Charlotte being mentioned as a major city and not Raleigh...man stop ranting.. Also if you can't see why people consider Charlotte a major cityand not Raleigh than not anybody can help you especially since a couple of people in this thread specifically from the TRIANGLE referred to Charlotte as a major city...

Old 02-12-2021, 11:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,969,224 times
Not all of us have that negative attitude about Charlotte. I know C-D threads can make it seem that way. I've always liked the place and hope it succeeds, because the fate of the rest of NC is highly dependent upon that.

It is true we don't make it out there too often. It's not in a different tier from the Triangle to offer much we don't already have. And it's all by itself outside the I40 corridor the other cities are all on.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Dude you brought the Triangle into this and I said NOTHING about the area at all. I specifically mentioned Charlotte. This shows that you really got on here to vent because you feel some type of way about Charlotte being mentioned as a major city and not Raleigh...man stop ranting..
Seems you're venting because Charlotte is not considered a major city at all. Needs to grow another 3 million or so.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:48 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,349,409 times
Quote:
Bro I'm BLACK and from DC....stop it!....smh
Dude has never heard P-funk, I guess.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:12 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,399,515 times
Quote:
I can’t help you don’t know Washington. People (literally everyone except some Republican staffers) would think you’re ignorant for saying that.

Quote:
And confirmation this is the same poster who created account after account to constantly talk about Charlotte with the sameeee constant talking points.

Why so obsessed?

Old 02-12-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I can’t help you don’t know Washington. People (literally everyone except some Republican staffers) would think you’re ignorant for saying that.

And confirmation this is the same poster who created account after account to constantly talk about Charlotte with the sameeee constant talking points.

Why so obsessed?
Why are you taking it so personal what I post? Just ignore the post if it bothers you so. Your screen name has "Charlotte" in it, so sounds like you're attaching your identity to a city, which is kinda weird

PS - You were over in the Raleigh / Portland forum posting and got that thread shut down. Why was a Charlotte person over in Raleigh / Portland posting? Sounds kinda like you're obsessed with Raleigh or maybe insecure about Charlotte or maybe a little bit of both, idk.

Last edited by NorthernTransplanted; 02-12-2021 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina