Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do North Carolinians view D.C. or Atlanta as their closest major city?
Washington, D.C. 27 29.67%
Atlanta 29 31.87%
Neither 35 38.46%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 08:25 PM

65 posts, read 21,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Dreaming 2 View Post
Again I'm a DC native and Chocolate City is exactly what us black people call DC. You are crossing a line....
How am I crossing the line? I've said all along if you're black you can say it you're not you shouldn't.

You said you're black, you can say it.

The other poster isn't black apparently, he shouldn't say it.

I fail to see the confusion here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
The fact that is your perception is offensive. Yes, in the streets they might use the word with an A at the end... My friends are all successful professionals. There’s a time and place to be profane, but to act like black people are just casually calling eachother seems like that’s your perception of black people.

And again. The fact you use a heinous word and equate it to a celebrated city nickname. But obviously, your ignorant and the worst type of racist. The ones who aren’t just upfront with their biased views and use their little dog whistles. It’s annoying. Just say what you really think so we know to let you go around being ignorant.
Don't play dumb. You know what you did. Way back in your OP you said "Chocolate City". I said you shouldn't say that unless your black.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:29 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,397,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernTransplanted View Post
Don't play dumb. You know what you did. Way back in your OP you said "Chocolate City". I said you shouldn't say that unless your black.
Correct.

I’ll just leave it at that. A great summary of your ignorant views.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Correct.

I’ll just leave it at that. A great summary of your ignorant views.
Sorry you think I'm ignorant for thinking that non black people should never refer to DC as Chocolate City.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:52 PM

37,888 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernTransplanted View Post
IF the person who says it is black. Just like one black person can call a another black person by the "N" word but people who are not black should never do that. I believe the OP poster has made reference to his race in the past which wasn't black.
"Chocolate City" is a nickname that Black foks came up with. It's in no way racist for a non-Black person to point that out as a simple matter of fact.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:54 PM

37,888 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
But if you’re an adult. It’s so odd you brag about the triangle being educated, sophisticated, worldly yet your views are so ignorant - if not pure bigoted. I also can’t understand why someone from New York, not from NC and never having lived in Charlotte has such strong feelings about it.
THIS. It's the weirdest thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina