Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 AM

59 posts, read 236,618 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to the Bragg area the end of next year.
Seeing as I am in Germany there is no way for me to actually check out areas on my own and must rely mostly on the internet.
We used to live in Jacksonville many years ago so NC isn't new just the Fort Bragg area.

I was searching schools and found two I think will fit our needs. Fayetteville Christian School and Eastover Central Elementary. Anyone have other info on them? Or can suggest another school similar to these? My second daughter is special needs and has to have a speech therapist. Very important!

We are also looking to buy a house as this will be a perminent move. Any areas that have a little land with the homes? Seems everything is subdivisions with tiny lots. We have two dogs and wish to be able to train with them on our property instead of driving to a club.

Last is, Does anyone know of local butchers where we can buy fresh meat? We feed our dogs a raw diet and get their food from the local butcher here. Was wondering if we could keep it up once we move.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 AM

635 posts, read 3,093,057 times
You might consider the Sanford area. We have a lot of folks from Ft. Bragg living here in Sanford to get some "space" and inexpensive housing.

Do a quick search for "Sanford" as I've put up several links in similar threads for info on our area.

Cheers, and good luck!
Al

Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 PM

586 posts, read 1,547,288 times
I think Eastover would fit what you are looking for ie. land and school. Would the Christian school offer speech therapy? Our daughter attended a private school in Fayetteville and qualified for speech therapy from the county but we would have had to take her to our local public school 3x week. I don't know about butchers but Eastover is short drive to downtown Fayetteville. Good luck with your relocation.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 AM

The Christian school said they would provide therapy for a fee. But I am thinking that since Tricare/military pays for private therapy here outside of the preschool why wouldn't they cover it when we move?

Thanks for the feedback. We have a long time to get through all this.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 PM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
Eastover is a great area....2 out of the top 3 elementary schools in the county (test-score wise) are Eastover Central and District 7 Elementary (both in the immediate area). Lots of housing going up, but still V.E.R.Y. small town---they do have a doctor's office, dentist, drug store is coming, bank, and small grocery. And you're only 10 minutes into town, and just a quick trip down I-295 will get you to Ft. Bragg.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks everyone. I think we are leaning towards Eastover.
Fayetteville Christian School has a clause in their contract that they can use corporal punishment. Husband is not about to let anyone spank his children.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
We moved to Fayetteville in 2006 and I was very concerned with the special ed services my daughter would need in school. I want to say I was VERY pleasantly surprised at the services provided to my daughter via Cumberland County public schools!!!!! We moved again, to near Charlotte, and are much less pleased with the therapies and services here. Eastover does sound like a good fit for the housing you are looking for.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:39 PM

27 posts, read 118,273 times
I live in Sanford and it nice to be away from Fayetteville and the Military. You get more for you money when it comes to houses and lot size. The schools are good. The commute is 35-45 depending on how you drive.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM

9 posts, read 33,354 times
Harnett County would be a great area. The lots are large, most times a little over a 1/2 acre. My husband is also stationed at Fort Bragg, we have moved to the Lillington area from Fayetteville and Raeford and love it! We also have two dogs, so wanted the room for them to run and play.

Harnett County schools have pretty good ratings as well, a great resource is greatschools.net

Good Luck!

Danielle Nicolayev

Last edited by mm34b; 02-17-2009 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Terms of Service - No realty links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina