Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:27 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
are you not a fish eater? I must admit the first time I heard someone mention fish tacos I thought it was a little bizarre sounding...but then I tried one and was hooked from that point on. Now to top it off....could it be...is it true?....apparently Fish Tacos have found there way to....NEW YORK!..and they are a big hit!...so how about when you get back to your old stomping grounds...you give one a try and then let me know what you think...deal?

check this site out:

nymag.com/bestofny/food/2006/fishtaco/
If they made it to NY I'm going to guess it was to NYC..... I'm moving to Rochester, a good 7-8 hours from NYC. lol. The only seafoods I like are crutations (sp?) and steamed clams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2006, 09:36 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
If they made it to NY I'm going to guess it was to NYC..... I'm moving to Rochester, a good 7-8 hours from NYC. lol. The only seafoods I like are crutations (sp?) and steamed clams.

what do you tell your kids?....how do you know you won't like it if you never try it...you might just like it?

Old 06-27-2006, 10:31 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times
Quote:
never seem them on the Chili's menus out here?

come on somebody out there...anybody?...who might have a million net worth (along with a few other small details) so we can open a Rubio's franchsie in the Carolina's?
I really like fish but just the sound of fish taco, eeww just can't do it for some reason.

Don't foget about Wahoo's, love thier rice.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEME
We are also trying to move out of California (high desert region) to North Carolina. Haven't put house on the market yet. We were waiting for a transfer with hubby's company, but so far it hasn't panned out. Thinking about going it cold turkey, but don't know if we have the guts for that. We also have 3 small school age kids.

I want out of California so bad. I was raised in North Carolina, thought I would never want to go back.

I would like to move to Union County or in South Carolina over the border.
We'll see...

High desert, like Victorville or Apple Valley?

Old 06-28-2006, 10:21 AM

15 posts, read 52,419 times
Quote:
gee...can I participate in this post as well...since I am located just over the NC stateline in SC

Current Status:

relocated from So. CA 2 1/2 years ago (never want to go back to CA)....parents followed 8 months later (never want to go back to CA)...friends from CA will be arriving tomorrow for a week...this is their second visit since we have moved here (doing my best to get them to come back for good...will see).
Do you like South Carolina better than North Carolina? What town are you in...looking to relocate to NC Union County area but not sure about schools....any insight would be great...

Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBuddy1671
Do you like South Carolina better than North Carolina? What town are you in...looking to relocate to NC Union County area but not sure about schools....any insight would be great...
I like where I live (Tega Cay, SC) very much....and am only speaking for myself. It is away from things..yet not to far away. The schools the children attend are Fort Mill school district (which we have been very pleased with). Although I came from the 34th largest city in the nation/5th largest city in CA...I now find myself after 2 1/2 years of living here...trying to stay away from as much hustle and bustle as I can (kind of like...it's nice to visit uptown Charlotte or South Park...but I wound not want to live there). Do I like one state over another...not really...just happens that we found what we where looking for in SC (if that makes any sense whatsoever). Both states have so much to offer...other than just the same few places that continue to pop up on these forums over and over again.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:32 PM

30 posts, read 111,349 times
TornadoAlley: We live in Victorville. Ugly brown desert, rude people, expensive homes, very congested due to fast growth in recent years. It is not for me. Only good thing is we did get a home early on and we live near family.

lovethecarolinas: It is encouraging to see someone from Cali liking it back east. Was it a huge culture shock? Have you adapted ok to the humidity? Bugs? Are people really friendlier than our here?

Just a few questions.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:00 PM

88 posts, read 250,714 times
lovethecarolinas....

would love you input on those questions MOVEME just asked.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:00 PM

88 posts, read 250,714 times
ooops....i mean YOUR input....

Old 06-28-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEME
TornadoAlley: We live in Victorville. Ugly brown desert, rude people, expensive homes, very congested due to fast growth in recent years. It is not for me. Only good thing is we did get a home early on and we live near family.

lovethecarolinas: It is encouraging to see someone from Cali liking it back east. Was it a huge culture shock? Have you adapted ok to the humidity? Bugs? Are people really friendlier than our here?

Just a few questions.
Culture shock: the only shock I had was how nice people were (anyone currently living in CA....ask yourself...when was the last time you made eye contact with a person that you do not know...now take that a step further and you, and this person you made eye contact with now actually greet each other)....now that's shocking. The humidity...once I changed hair sprays I was good to go! (the worst of the humidity only lasts 2 months at the longest...and the other 10 months of the year more than make up for those 2). I don't like Palmetto Bugs but then again I didn't like then in CA either (cockroach), mosquitos I do not like but there again we had those in CA, there are also some new species that I have not seen before moving here.... yet I don't bother them and they don't bother me. Where I lived in CA we have/had a problem with killer bees...I was backing out of my driveway one day and noticed a huge black spot on my neighbors car..I rolled down my window to get a better look...just about that time they started to swarm around...I quickly realized they were killer bees. My neighbor two doors down had a hive on the side of her garage (luckily my children, nor any other children in the neighborhood were not out playing at the time).....so for me....I'll take these bugs out here.

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 06-28-2006 at 10:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina