Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 AM

27 posts, read 47,350 times

Advertisements

Well my issue is back today. Last week I posted that I renewed my benifet year online. I was fired from my last job, and the commission ruled in my favor. When I started a new benefit year online, it opened up the issue with the firing again.
I called in and a rep got it removed from my claim, and online the claim showed no issues after she got it pulled.

Today after filing for my weekly certification I get the notice that my claim has a active issue and I will not be paid until it is resolved. Checking the claim profile online once again shows a active issue, that was not there last week when the rep removed it.

Sigh.... sorry to vent, this is getting frustrating, and knowing that I caused the issue by renewing the benefit year myself instead of just going in to the local office makes it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,909 times
Basicaly i dont understand so can someone brake it down for me.... I spent 10 years in the army, I got out and started collecting unemployment in oct 09, today i went to file a claim online and its bin 26 weeks and it saying my claim or money is exhausted but my base year doesnt run out till oct 2010 will or how do i get an extension?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:00 PM

6 posts, read 10,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thizzguy View Post
Basicaly i dont understand so can someone brake it down for me.... I spent 10 years in the army, I got out and started collecting unemployment in oct 09, today i went to file a claim online and its bin 26 weeks and it saying my claim or money is exhausted but my base year doesnt run out till oct 2010 will or how do i get an extension?
You will need to go down there, I think. Same thing happened to my husband, and he spoke to someone who was able to fix it quickly (that was three days after he talked to someone who really had no clue). If you can't go down to their office, just call them at the closest office to you. And don't take one person's word for it, as some are newly trained and seem to have no clue. If the first person you talk too gives you a negative answer, call back the next day and talk to someone else.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 PM

8 posts, read 23,745 times
Four weeks ago I filed for unemployment in NC. I have been a Florida resident since 1 August of last year, and lived in NC my entire life prior. FL unemployment suggested I file in NC due to their higher potential payments, so I did. After completing the online application, I received a message stating they needed more info and would contact me. Since then, I have heard nothing, and all attempts to call the toll free number have been met with endless holds. What is the best way to proceed from here? My savings and what little money I got from my last paycheck is dwindling fast.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 AM

27 posts, read 47,350 times
Another Update on my new benefit year.. Called in today to see what is going on, and I was told that my employer has appealed the decision from a year ago about my employment benefits. I did not know this was possible, I was told that I have to go over the same process from a year ago, basically waiting up to eight weeks or more for a decision!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM

25 posts, read 55,032 times
Default Newbie trying to understand benefits, etc.

I am hoping one of the more seasoned posters can help me sort all this out...sux that there are 'seasoned' posters on here, doesn't it??

Anyhow, here is my information:

My benefit year started 12/09 and will end on 12/10. I will have received all of benefits listed the first week of June 2010.
I cannot work in my last career field due to my newly diagnosed seizure disorder... but.....
I started this process thinking I would be able to land a job in my earlier career field without a problem, but I seem to have hit the wall in my optimism. I am saving as much as I can,reducing expenses, etc, but I am worried about how I will live after June????

I have read about extended benefits on here and tiers, etc. ...it gives me a headache to read it and with overlapping dates, etc I am frankly --confused--! Plus I am in panic mode and that is never good when trying to read through the UE stuff!

I have worked in the same field with the same salary since 2007. I have not claimed unemployment before this time. Do I have a chance to get extended benefits? How is it calculated? Does it change the monthly rate or the length?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,938 times
Default Extension?

I was laid off May 22, 2009 and have been drawing ever since then. I tried file my weekly certification April 18, 2010 and recieved a message that my benefits had been exhausted. Do I get any type of extension benefits and if so how?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:00 PM

55 posts, read 66,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siss101 View Post
You will need to go down there, I think. Same thing happened to my husband, and he spoke to someone who was able to fix it quickly (that was three days after he talked to someone who really had no clue). If you can't go down to their office, just call them at the closest office to you. And don't take one person's word for it, as some are newly trained and seem to have no clue. If the first person you talk too gives you a negative answer, call back the next day and talk to someone else.

The same thing happaned to me today THEY TOLD ME to call tommaorw grrrrrrrrrrr

Old 04-19-2010, 04:17 PM

177 posts, read 304,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankindaSouth View Post
I am hoping one of the more seasoned posters can help me sort all this out...sux that there are 'seasoned' posters on here, doesn't it??

Anyhow, here is my information:

My benefit year started 12/09 and will end on 12/10. I will have received all of benefits listed the first week of June 2010.
I cannot work in my last career field due to my newly diagnosed seizure disorder... but.....
I started this process thinking I would be able to land a job in my earlier career field without a problem, but I seem to have hit the wall in my optimism. I am saving as much as I can,reducing expenses, etc, but I am worried about how I will live after June????

I have read about extended benefits on here and tiers, etc. ...it gives me a headache to read it and with overlapping dates, etc I am frankly --confused--! Plus I am in panic mode and that is never good when trying to read through the UE stuff!

I have worked in the same field with the same salary since 2007. I have not claimed unemployment before this time. Do I have a chance to get extended benefits? How is it calculated? Does it change the monthly rate or the length?

Any help would be most appreciated!
How many weeks were in you original claim? If it was 26 then you are probably waiting for the president to sign the new deadline bill. If you go to your original letter...look at the differnt quarterly amounts. As long as the total of all four quarters is at least 1.5 times the highest quarterly amount you should qualify for extensions. The number of weeks you will qualify for depends on the number of weeks you got originally. Tier 1 is 80% of the weeks, Tier 2 and 3 are 50% and tier 4 is 23%.

The extension currently awaiting a signature I think extends the deadline to end one tier before moving to the next. I am not sure what that new deadline is. Whatever that is it could end your benefits before you use all the tiers. You may then qualify for EB which is 80% I think of your original benefits.

Another consideration is that in December you will begin a new benefit year. At that point you will have to reapply. They will use different quarters to establish you weekly amount and the number of weeks. If you once again qualified for extensions ( and they still exist) you would start over at tier one. If not, the remaining tiers would pull forward from year one.

What has complicated this is Congress failure to act to extend deadlines before they expire. In any case I think you are eligible for something. Keep calling until you get a good rep. Even if someone tells you something is fixed call every three or four days until you can file and get paid. It took me three weeks when this situation came up in April but I did eventually get it fixed.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM

177 posts, read 304,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoize View Post
The same thing happaned to me today THEY TOLD ME to call tommaorw grrrrrrrrrrr
Keep calling until someone fixes it. You have to be persistent!!! Some of the reps are great. Others have no clue and are mean. You will know when you finally talk to someone who knows what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina