Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 08:02 AM

39 posts, read 73,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken3000 View Post
How is it people are in their 4th tier? I started a new benefit year and currently near the end of my 2nd tier. Since there is a new benefit year, does that mean I'm not eligible for 3rd tier?
not to be rude, but it doesn't matter.

you won't make it to tier 3 before the law expires unless you are going into tier 3 within the next 2-3 pay weeks.

hope this helps. depending on your #'s you may get soem EB, and thats up to 20weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:04 AM

10 posts, read 18,350 times
Heard on the news something this morning & need clarification. I read back a few pages but still not clear. I am in my Tier2 of my 2nd year. I started completely over at the end of year 1 with a new benefit year. Tier 2 ends for me 12/4.

With the deadline on the Federal 11/30 do I continue in the tier I am in?
If there is no Federal approval, I read that I will not continue to the next tier?
But does that mean if all is ok in my file that I would go into EB? I so is there a waiting period?
Now if this is the progression, my year ends on 12/25. Would I be eligible to file a new year & would it most likely be EB? I am pretty sure that I don't have enough earnings. But not sure what EB works off of.

Have a good lead on a job but they seem to be dragging there feet...not sure if it's due to the up coming holidays or not. Hoping for something so that I don't have to worry about all these unknowns. Just trying to get a handle on what to expect should this job not pan out.

Thanks for you all your help!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:06 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove3y3s View Post
Heard on the news something this morning & need clarification. I read back a few pages but still not clear. I am in my Tier2 of my 2nd year. I started completely over at the end of year 1 with a new benefit year. Tier 2 ends for me 12/4.

If there is no Federal approval, I read that I will not continue to the next tier?
But does that mean if all is ok in my file that I would go into EB? I so is there a waiting period?
Now if this is the progression, my year ends on 12/25. Would I be eligible to file a new year & would it most likely be EB? I am pretty sure that I don't have enough earnings. But not sure what EB works off of.

Have a good lead on a job but they seem to be dragging there feet...not sure if it's due to the up coming holidays or not. Hoping for something so that I don't have to worry about all these unknowns. Just trying to get a handle on what to expect should this job not pan out.

Hi,
well none of us are too sure of what will transpire after the Nov. 27th deadline.
I do know that you'll be able to finish out your tier, but if you'll be able to gointo EB until your end of year 2 date in December remains unknown as of right now.

My (guess) would be YES you probably can head into EB for the 2 -3 weeks you have left, but you may have to call or email and ask them that .
I sent an email and they called the next day., I just started EB this week and hopefully it will continue for me until my end of the year Feb 6th. However, I'm not counting the chicken hatching just yet
The senate could voet on alot of things with this new extension coming up, so we'll just have to wait I suppose.

Also I'm sorry I'm of no help, but not too sure that if you try to open
a new (3rd) year and you haven't the income in the correct quarters they use, IF they'll let you pull leftover EB from year 2,into a new 3rd year?

Some pages back. CA11 had posted that they will do this., however I'm not sure about it, since it's state funded money ect....
May be a good question to ask if you send an email.

Again, sorry I'm not of more help.
Goodluck!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM

86 posts, read 155,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
The ESC has to pull forward your first year EUC benefits. Your story is similar to alot of ours...file a new claim for your second year, get approved for regular UI, then later not qualify for "new" EUC. They will tell you that you are not entitled to any "new" benefits. But once those regular benefits run out, they should automatically pull forward any remaining EUC benefits from your first year (sounds like the balance of Tier 2, 3, and 4 for you). With the mess going on down there these days...I'm not sure if the programming they do for pull forwards is up and running. It should happen automatically (it may take a week), but just to be safe, it might be good to call or e-mail them after you certify your last week and request a pull forward of your first year benefits.

I sent them an e-mail that Tuesday (after I received that week's payment). By Thursday, my status was no longer "Benefits Exhausted"...I think it actually said "UNKNOWN", but that following week, I was filing Tier 2 again.
Thank you for your clear explaination. I'll see what happen at the end of my 13 weeks, of course that is if I don't get a job by then or they don't extend the benfits past Nov. 30th.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:45 AM

23 posts, read 35,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanahB View Post
Thank you for your clear explaination. I'll see what happen at the end of my 13 weeks, of course that is if I don't get a job by then or they don't extend the benfits past Nov. 30th.
So does every tier qualify as "first year EUC"?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM

23 posts, read 35,938 times
Quote:

Hey. I just got off the phone with them. My 2nd Tier also expires on Dec 4th. They said you will go into EB instead of finishing your tier which will be 20 weeks. The weeks you had for Tier 2 will disappear and you will start EB. It's better than nothing!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:15 PM

10 posts, read 18,350 times
@KC, Thanks for the info...I sent an email today, but didn't get an auto reply, gonna wait & see if hear back.
@tekken,That sounds great! I never can get through on the phone so sent that email today hopefully I'll get the same response.

Reading the above post originally from OpAck...my 1st year I never made it out of Tier I before my year ran out. I started a new year with new EUC, so reading that post makes me think maybe they would pull forward but still not sure how all this works.

Talked to a temp agency today & they said it was a bad time of year, not a lot happening. Still waiting on the job lead, talked to them today, still out of town. Praying next week for a decision & won't have to worry about this...

Last edited by Dove3y3s; 11-12-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
Reading the above post originally from OpAck...my 1st year I never made it out of Tier I before my year ran out. I started a new year with new EUC, so reading that post makes me think maybe they would pull forward but still not sure how all this works.
From what I remember from jdljr...I "think" you can pull forward your Tier funds even if the unemployment extension expires. In other words, if you left off in the middle of Tier 1 and need a pull forward AFTER the extension expires, you will still get the remaining balance of Tier 1. That's money you had already been approved and entitled to during your first year. You just won't be able to go to Tier 2 without the extension. I could be wrong about that though.

It does sound like you'd be able to jump right into EB though when all is said and done.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 AM

18 posts, read 29,972 times
I am in EB like many here. If the 11-30-10 deadline comes n goes without extension how does this effect EB? Will we still be able to draw if we are currently drawing from the EB level? I am unsure if EB payment functions like the tiers when extensions are not passed. Thank-you for your help!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .50 millionaire View Post
I am in EB like many here. If the 11-30-10 deadline comes n goes without extension how does this effect EB? Will we still be able to draw if we are currently drawing from the EB level? I am unsure if EB payment functions like the tiers when extensions are not passed. Thank-you for your help!
EB has never stopped (while our state is triggered on)
So if the EUC08 extension doesn't pass on Nov 30th, then you and I and all of the others should still get our EB until it runs out.
Only thing that would change that is a HUGE drop in our states unemployment numbers and it triggers off of the EB program, or if there's something new they'll throw on all of us concerning EB when the
Nov. 30th date rolls around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina