Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:48 AM

5 posts, read 18,605 times

Advertisements

If something is under contract that is not a absolute thing. I think it just means there is an offer on the table. When I bought my house, the offer was accepted for over a month before the close, but the realtor never put a sold, or under contract sign out. As a seller they want to keep people looking at the house and potentially making offers just in case the deal falls through. As a buyer, if you approach a house that is under contract, you have to move fast and usually pay more than you otherwise would. This also means that you can miss opportunities to have things inspected or repaired. (not always) but rushing the buying process is never a good idea when youre signing a 30 year mortgage. Its usually best to wait.
In terms of your realtor, there are alot of them out there. Many of them aren't very good. The good ones usually stay busy. My (buying) realtors were the best I could ever imagine. (durham and chapel hill)
Another factor to consider is that possibly your realtor doesnt think your house can sell. Perhaps its not in a good location, or its priced too high, or its not really fixed/cleaned or ready for sale. There are not-so-good houses out there and you could be the owner of one. Who knows? You should ask if your realtor thinks so. Another thing is, your realtor should be asking prospective buyers what they liked and disliked about the house so you can make it more marketable.
Before getting out of your contract, I would ask teh agent in charge to assign another realto to you. Its probably not the agency that no good, just the agent. But after trying another agent for a couple months, if it is the agency, you have given them a fair chance.
Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 05:53 PM

201 posts, read 594,272 times
Well, here's an update. We met with BIC Monday and got out of the contract. She said that there was no excuse for her to treat us this way and was very apologetic. She offered to represent us but gave us the choice of what to do so we got out for now. I figure that it isn't the best time to sell now so we will stay put until spring.

Oh and the realtor sent my husband an email that she was sorry we were leaving and how busy she is because she has so many clients. Yet then she goes on to say the market is so bad and that it is hard for her to call someone when she has nothing good or anything new to share. Make up your mind-are you busy or not? LOL

Oh well--it's a done deal and we learned a lesson.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trese View Post
Well, here's an update. We met with BIC Monday and got out of the contract. She said that there was no excuse for her to treat us this way and was very apologetic. She offered to represent us but gave us the choice of what to do so we got out for now. I figure that it isn't the best time to sell now so we will stay put until spring.

Oh and the realtor sent my husband an email that she was sorry we were leaving and how busy she is because she has so many clients. Yet then she goes on to say the market is so bad and that it is hard for her to call someone when she has nothing good or anything new to share. Make up your mind-are you busy or not? LOL

Oh well--it's a done deal and we learned a lesson.
I had a feeling the BIC would help you - good for you for going to her I hope she let your realtor have it behind closed doors for the shoddy way she treated you.

I also like your decision to wait for the spring before listing again. Best of luck then!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM

334 posts, read 626,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trese View Post
We signed with an agent on August 3. We are not happy with the attention we are receiving.

#1 - Nobody has been out to view the inside of the house even though we have seen numerous cars turn around in our driveway as they come down to see it (we live at end of deadend street).

#2 - I asked her if she was going to put some of those property details sheets out at sign for those who want more information. Three times she has said "oh, I need to get those done" but still they aren't!

#3 - She said she would do a realtor open house but hasn't mentioned it since the day we signed with her.

#4 - "Vaguely" mentioned having a public open house and we told her a good time next month and she said she would get back to us.

When we call her to let her know we would like to go view another house, she never answers her phone. It usually takes her a day or longer to get back to us.

I don't know if I am being unreasonable or not. We saw 2 houses we really liked and she claims they are already under contract yet there are no signs outisde of them that say that. Another house we wanted to get into she has been telling us for weeks that she is waiting for the seller's realtor to call her back. Friday I looked up the realtor's number and it was disconnected. So thru Googling and a few emails and calls, I talked to the realtor within 1/2 an hour and we went out to see that house today! So I guess she lied about leaving messages. I am also wondering why she couldn't do a search to get in touch with the realtor like I did!! It was very simple!

I hate to rock the boat here and I know the market is slow. But what is reasonable? What should we expect from her? My biggest fear is that if someone calls her about seeing our house she won't get back to them since that is a weak area with her.

I remember she mentioned something in our contract "in case" we decided we didn't like her or vice versa. We all laughed and moved on to next paragraph. Now I can't find that in our paperwork-must be carefully worded or hidden!!

Any advice would be great!! Thanks!
OK, First, who ever told you to use two different Realtors is NUTS! That is not only totally unnecessary but stupid, ( sorry dude). You have to pay commission, do you really want to pay two different people? also, if you use the same realtor, They will work with you on the commission to help you get into the house you want. Esp in this market.
Second, it sounds to me that people are looking at your home, looking it up online, and finding you are maybe asking to much money for this market. That happened to us with our first realtor. We had the same thing happen to us, exactly! and found out later that was why.
We re-listed with Missey Robbins of Bailey Wright, and showed the house at 3-4 times a week. In this market that's great.
Homes from 150K and below are whats selling right now. Homes in the 800K and greater are selling a little better. Homes in the middle aren't. Mainly, after doing alot of research, it's because the middle of the price bracket people, who just sold their starter and choosing to rent until they see where the market is going! Which is pretty smart on there part, but KILLING the existing homes market at the 200K to 400K price point.
If you are looking for a realtor in the Wake Forest North Raleigh area, I strongly suggest Missy Robbins. She has lived here her entire life, has sales awards and plenty of them, is smart and personally and did a great job for us. ( The reason we took it off the market two days ago is My husband just lost his job. anybody need a produce manager??? His boss is his reference)
Also, you should be looking at homes online your self. I use the fonville Morrisey site. ( just google and look around the site, pretty easy to figure it out) and this will give you info on every home out there.) Its fantastic, and is updated constantly and tells you when on the top of the page.IT will save you from searching every realtor you want to contact too as all that is with each listing. YOU NEED another realtor honey. You got ripped off big time. IN fact, if they don't let you go easy... threaten to report them. Cause you have been very mistreated. OH, about an open house... My brother in law sells million dollar homes, he started out in reg homes, he has had many open house over the yrs. and has NEVER sold a home from that. He has however gotten many many clients for himself. THa's really what an open house is all about. So, if you pick a good realtor, and ask about an open house they will have one or two, but if the realtor is well established, they will pass it off to another realtor, JUST to help the realtor. If you want MIssy Robbins number, PM me and I will send it to you. IF not her, I bet she can give you advice about your situation, and give you another Realtors name at the very least.
Third, you just write a letter, saying that you are very unhappy with your realtor, unsatisfied with the attention she has been giving to your home. She hasn't bothered to put info in the for sale box and we haven't had one viewing! So we wish to separate from you as of...and put the date. Both you and husband need to sign it.
then call another realtor, and tell them what has happened, it's pretty easy. Of course, keep a copy of that note for yourself. Best of luck! Believe me, I understand !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina