Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 AM

192 posts, read 497,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloff1976 View Post
Buffalo Wild Wings had an add in Sundays Classifieds for workers, servers, cooks, bartenders for their new Williston BUffalo Wild Wings opening soon in Williston. I'm guessing this is NOT a rumor???? Since it was in the classifieds? Where is this being Built in Williston ? This is certainly good news for Williston. Another new restaraunt...also read in a Minnesota paper that Cowboys Jacks bar & grill is opening up in the Trapppers kettle restaraunt. It is a Minnesota chain with restaraunts in the Twin Cities metro area and St. CLoud. This will be their first outside of Minnesota. Also saw an add in the Williston Classifieds for new workers, managers, etc... for a new McDonald's in Williston. Is Williston getting a 2nd McDonalds??? They need one!

What classifieds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
Get up here....network....and get hired. It's 75 degrees today, what are you waiting for! Good luck.
Thank you so much for taking the time to clarify all that for me and others that might read this! Greatly appreciated.

"MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL........WHO YOU KNOW GETS YOU A JOB"
So true! When I lived in Alberta most of my job offers took place while getting together with people.

I'm over 6'4" and used to be able to lift and stab the pickup subs in the drill collars without using a winch so the drillers loved me for speeding up the trip times. I'd need to work up to doing that again now though. I always worked on
triples with the deepest vertical holes to 18,000 feet deep in north western Alberta. As a former assistant driller it sounds like my chances are good.

I wish I could get up there right away but hopefully in a few weeks.

Thanks so much![/quote]

You shouldn't have much trouble getting a job here. Throw that Alberta oilpatch talk in and you'll have plenty of offers. Online apps would be a useful tool for a guy with your experience.

Here's a link to who the drilling companies are in ND. Listed under "RIG".

https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio125 View Post
What classifieds?
scorpio124: I subscribe to the Williston Herald (on-line version) and get the classifieds in the paid e-vision. The paid version gives you all the classifieds, adds, etc... I saw the Buffalo Wild Wings add there and the new McDonald's a couple Sundays ago. The McDonald's add indicated it was for a new store and required all new employees and mgrs (so am guessing it was for a 2nd McDonald's...probably going to be located in the new Sand Creek Retail center is my guess)

Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Fargo Forum Business article re Minot Meeting of Investors.....Looking pretty positive for housing in the near future....fingers crossed...‘Unlimited opportunity’ on minds of attendees"
Investors take action at Bakken conference | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

Old 04-05-2012, 05:35 AM

Williston Amtrak.....Fargo Forum...Depot booms with Oil Patch | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 AM

39 posts, read 141,899 times
I've been looking into using the Amtrak after a 12 hr night shift. Get to the station, sleep on the train and wake up in places like Glacier National Park well rested and ready to go. It will likely only get busier.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 AM

Folks, go to the Community thread....check the publications.....use those like a tool....the menu's on those publications are invaluable!! Some of the links are not working from the post....just copy and paste...well worth the extra efforts. Plenty of job resources, just doing a regular web search for oil field jobs...Minot, Williston or wherever gets you lots of links. Be proactive...if you need more help just msg.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
Love, love seeing all the rumors out there.

Jan, didn't find your "update" thread, maybe didn't look hard enough, LOl.

Well update on my husband, after a long search on my efforts, he is now in Williston working in construction. He actually almost got a "suspicious" job offer from a oil company out of Killdeen?, may not have said it right, but the crazy temp agency out of Dickinson is crazy and played a ton of games with him. Then out of the blue, a local nursery from St. Cloud, MN whom my hubby knew a guy from there, got him a job instantly with a construction place from MN doing a project in Williston. He has free room and per diem, working a lot of hours. He will be there until November and with hopes of course of searching there for a oil company when the work ends.

Now that hubby is "safe" and sound in Williston, haha, we are heading back to AK in few days for the summer.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:30 AM

SCAM ALERT....Saw this on the WDAZ news this am. Some Verizon customers are evidently receiving fake phone bills in emails. Please make sure you are paying your real bill.
It wasn't up yet on the news webpage when I posted, but it should be later today.

Last edited by JanND; 04-12-2012 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: rewrite

Old 04-15-2012, 07:01 AM

454 posts, read 940,367 times
RUMOR! RUMOR! RUMOR!

Just wanted to be clear about my newest 'rumor' .

Heard this tidbit yesterday:

Buffalo Wild Wings in Minot has been named their NUMBER 1 restaurant in their chain. All employees will get a bonus (at the time I heard this RUMOR, the person who shared it with me was unsure of the bonus amounts), also, all servers will get a $2.00 an hour raise (most servers at the Minot restaurant were about $2.00 an hour or more above minimum already - according to the RUMOR).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota