Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:02 AM

2 posts, read 18,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbagd View Post
We have been contacted by an oil company about mineral rights on property that was in our family more than 50 years ago. The property was sold but the mineral rights were retained by the seller - our great grandfather. We did not even know about the mineral rights until we were cohtacted. Do you think the oil company can drill on the land and not pay us? We don't own the land. We are not even sure we own the mineral rights. The oil company says we do. How do we find out for sure?
If you own the mineral rights, you will get paid. What did they have to say when they contacted you? What was the outcome, did you sign a lease? Where is the property located? I have a (get this) 1/4 share of a 1/7 share on approx 1800 acres in eastern McKenzie County, its all leased. But they just renewed on a around 640 acres of the land for about $340/acre. The old leases are set to expire in one year and were signed for $25/acre years ago. It's booming out there, a little slow down right now as oil is WAY down, but that wont last for long me thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
I will advise anyone concerned with property rights of any kind, surface, mineral or water, to contact a local lawyer with experience in these matters and pay him for advice on proper procedure. DO NOT GUESS in these matters.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,891 times
How would you go about finding out how much land you own for mineral rights.We were contacted when my grandmother passed away.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 PM

198 posts, read 400,610 times
Having ancestors from ND I have only an emotional connection to it. No rights etc. I hope people who do will be very careful and hold on to what their families worked so hard for. People from the outside should not profit easily from that. Wishing the best.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,911 times
My mother was contacted by a oil company called TAME Oil and Gas to lease her land. I have been trying to find information on the web about this company to no avail. Could any one out there tell me if this company actually exist?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 PM

3 posts, read 18,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail bonham View Post
My mother was contacted by a oil company called TAME Oil and Gas to lease her land. I have been trying to find information on the web about this company to no avail. Could any one out there tell me if this company actually exist?

The regulatory body for Oil and Gas exploration in North Dakota is the North Dakota Industrial Commison. If TAME Oil and Gas exist the NDIC knows about them. Actually for anyone who has questions about your mineral rights contact the NDIC

[url]https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/[/url]

I actually do think they exist, I remember seeing that name or similar when reading well reports : /

Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 PM

581 posts, read 2,216,269 times
Bakken Shale

Great site for oil related questions regarding the Bakken.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,709 times
We have the mineral rights for 65 acres in Dunn Do. Does anyonne know the going rate for a lease. We have been contacted by an oil co. Just want to be an informed consumer

Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 9,340 times
To tame oil company they do exist - my father has a lease with them - they are a middle man

Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 9,340 times
Default Names of Lawyers on Minerals

Anyone know of any good lawyers in North Dakota for minerals interest and reclamations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota