Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 6,386 times

Advertisements

towamensing trails development has lots of places for sale
what's up with that?
is there a lot of crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 04:39 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marelawea View Post
what's up with that?
is there a lot of crime?

Aint no work around it ,, You must travel far and in the winter the roads up there are bad ,, Its a mainly summer area , although people live there all yr long ..

Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 AM

2 posts, read 8,926 times
Towamensing Trails is one of the largest communities in the Pocono Area. You need to compare the number of homes for sale against the number of homes in the development. Using Riverside's logic, there should be just as many homes for sale in other surrounding developments such as Indian Mountain Lakes, Holiday Pocono, Locust Lakes, Brier Crest, Jonas Mountain...
As far as crime? Most likely not more than any other development without "gates".

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 AM

513 posts, read 1,079,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marelawea View Post
what's up with that?
is there a lot of crime?
I own a home at Towamensing Trails. The developement is huge, about 10 square miles with 4000 lots and 2200+ homes. Its a vacation home community, and with the economy as such, many owners can't afford a second home. Still, even if there are 22 homes for sale, that's 1%. The security patrol and resident town watch are active in the community. Aside from a couple of isolated incidents, there is no crime issue at the trails. No section 8 housing, no gang residents.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_NePA View Post
I own a home at Towamensing Trails. The developement is huge, about 10 square miles with 4000 lots and 2200+ homes. Its a vacation home community, and with the economy as such, many owners can't afford a second home. Still, even if there are 22 homes for sale, that's 1%. The security patrol and resident town watch are active in the community. Aside from a couple of isolated incidents, there is no crime issue at the trails. No section 8 housing, no gang residents.
NO GANG RESIDENTS ?

How can you be sure ? I'd Beg to differ ..

In Fact I know ther are Bloods , crips and Latin Kings there .. You should do your homework about Gang sign's and Their Tags .. There are gangs there

Old 04-12-2011, 05:28 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
NO GANG RESIDENTS ?

In Fact I know ther are Bloods , crips and Latin Kings there .. You should do your homework about Gang sign's and Their Tags .. There are gangs there
Look out! There's a gang member right behind you!

Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
NO GANG RESIDENTS ?

OK, yeah. FYI, Maybe you're confused about another community. There are no tags or signs anywhere in the Trails, and the full time residents are well known to each other. Your delusional paranoia is getting old. Crawl back in your bottle, why don't you?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_NePA View Post
OK, yeah. FYI, Maybe you're confused about another community. There are no tags or signs anywhere in the Trails, and the full time residents are well known to each other. Your delusional paranoia is getting old. Crawl back in your bottle, why don't you?

Ha ha ha .. Yea Right .. Keeep your head in the sand ..

Old 04-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Just go to the BUS stops after school and LOOK .. OH I forgot ,,Its your summer house so you dont get to see The day to day activites there ..

H&R homes Built HUNDREDS of homes in there .. I know Joe Very well.. Worked in there for YRS .. I used to hang out in Joey Dee's yrs back and there were gang members dealing dope in the parking lot and on the streets in there , So maybe you need to open your eyes ..

I dont drink by the way ... Maybe you should though ..

Old 04-12-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Just go to the BUS stops after school and LOOK .. OH I forgot ,,Its your summer house so you dont get to see The day to day activites there ..

H&R homes Built HUNDREDS of homes in there .. I know Joe Very well.. Worked in there for YRS .. I used to hang out in Joey Dee's yrs back and there were gang members dealing dope in the parking lot and on the streets in there , So maybe you need to open your eyes ..

I dont drink by the way ... Maybe you should though ..
By your logic, I can't know the place cause I don't live there full time, right? Last I checked, you don't either.
And you're wrong again, know it all. I have been to the bus stops, before I bought and a few times since when I've spent weeks there doing maintenance. It's called scouting an area to see the people, not just the houses. See the kids, see the parents. I have friends that live there full time as well and they have high school age kids. The worst problem they have is short term renters having big loud parties, but those get shut down pretty quickly by the security patrol.
Next, go to the local businesses, you'll see the local folk. You can tell the area is far from afluent when you do. Because you're right when you say the nearest job is far away. That's why mos homes in TT and the nearby communities are vacation homes. That changes as you head toward I-80.
You don't drink, but you used to if you hung at Valerios (Joey Dee's). That place IS bad news, and attracts alkies from all around the area, but it's out on the state highway. TT has its own private social club, so you're not seeing TT residents in Valerio's. I've been there twice, did not like the crowd, and have no reason to go again. You see the local "contractors" trucks there at lunch on weekdays, they drink their lunch then go back to work on some poor sap's home. Night time, they're back, and the place just has a bad vibe. I'll take Dom and Aly's if I'm in the mood to sit a bar, they don't cater to the same sort as Valerios. Friendly place with friendly staff and patrons.
And finally...if you don't drink, I'd love to know what you were on during your "stand up guys" rant 2 months back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania