Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM

889 posts, read 2,575,635 times

Advertisements

I'm curious why no comments on here. Is everyone so jaded about this that it seems like just business as usual.

For me, it's interesting reading from a distance, between the Scranton Times, the Citizens Voice, and a few local (opininated) bloggers who seem to be astute observers of local politics.

Oh yea, and these two are as dirty as they get, IMO.

Edit to add: The 'winner' in this poll from Fall of 2009 is already behind bars. And look who's in the no. 2 (not in poll numbers, but vertical position wise) spot: //www.city-data.com/forum/north...all-grace.html

Last edited by PeeAye Native; 06-16-2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Link to 2009 Poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 06:03 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,012 times
Oh I have plenty of comments, but have not been able to tone them to down to be fit for print.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
I think everyone in Lackawanna County was expecting this after seeing the deep political enema that neighboring Luzerne County had and potentially still has going on.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:26 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
Things will get really interesting when they get further in the Mellow investigation....also the Fred Rosetti from NEIU investigation is just starting (and Rosetti is Mellow's cousin)...there will be many more that go down with those cases.

Cordaro is an arrogant SOB, but I find it funny that he and Munchak are being burned at the stake for doing what pretty much every politician in this area has done....I'd be willing to bet they'd find the same pay-to-play and kickback shenanigans if they investigated Chris Doherty.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:00 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,625,057 times
The Mafia bought off one juror in Louie DeNaples trial back in the 70's the cost? a couple hundred bucks and 4 new tires.... I just hope this jury isnt compromised in the same way...

Old 06-19-2011, 02:30 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,088,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
The Mafia bought off one juror in Louie DeNaples trial back in the 70's the cost? a couple hundred bucks and 4 new tires.... I just hope this jury isnt compromised in the same way...
my take----the super crooks won't even get picked up-----these guys are just the very expendable crumbs while the worst offenders will continue to live the nepa version of la vida loca and la vita bella(italian version) without interruption

Old 06-20-2011, 02:42 PM

539 posts, read 1,069,201 times
Too bad nobody ever 'sees' things going on as they happen, what about a whistleblower provision where someone could make a few bucks while saving the taxpayers big bucks? In W-B, they are now saying some of the money for adjacent properties / demolition of same (regarding the Sterling), were not appropriate either or withing the definitions the money was supposed to be used for. Nobody watches too well, it seems, same with the cops in Shenandoah, etc., the politicians and people in power seem to feel once they get in they can run rampant like Boss Hogg and nobody is the wiser till they get caught.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:01 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,357,086 times
One word. "Guilty!!!"

Old 06-22-2011, 07:04 PM

889 posts, read 2,575,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
One word. "Guilty!!!"
Yes, and it's about time. And it's about time they (the feds or whoever) go after the crooks lower down on the political totem pole.

And if you believe the papers, mostly the Scranton Times and the Times Leader Lackawanna edition, these two have convinced themselves they did nothing wrong. There's a name for that, hubris, it fits well here.

I'd like to hear from the county political chairs and "county committee" and associated behind-the-scenes politicos on this, where do they stand on this, and how complacent were they in allowing business as usual to go on? If I were a resident of the area, I'd be asking those people some hard questions right about now, and again when they come around asking for contributions or even worse asking you to vote for their candidate. Attention local newspaper political writers, how about you go research and write on this angle?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,184,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
I'm curious why no comments on here.
burnout. as a society our attention span keeps getting shorter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania