Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 06:09 PM

905 posts, read 2,400,560 times

Advertisements

Now I haven't read the whole thread, but has anybody had newtown cafe pizza? It's on main street in Ashley and it's a whole kind of pizza on it's own. The best part is it tastes even better after it's been sitting at room temp for a few hours, haha. I'd recommend it to anybody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 05:54 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I ate food from there 3 times. I had a meatball hero when we first moved in and it was very good. Their pizza is better than most around here but their calzone is tremendous and excellant.

We just started going to a pizzeria in Dixon City called Basillicos. They definately have the best pizza in this area. They are next to Dicks.
Basillicos also has a full fledged Italian Restaurant in Clarks Summit at
the Inn at Nichols Village named Bazils. I hear its good, but poor service !

Old 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
You know why the cheese sticks to the roof of your mouth? Because it isn't mozarella cheese...it's either cheep American or imitation cheese.
Old Forge Pizza stinks.
Your my kinda person. Keep Old Forge pizza in Old Forge!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Dickson City is our own little slice of North Jersey here in Lackawanna County...strip mall and blacktop hell....very unattractive...a beautiful mountainside which is now cluttered up with malls and ugly big box stores. Although the actual residential part of Dickson City is like another world altogether and separated completely from Business Rt 6.
Dickson City doesn't even come close to being considered NJ like. It's typically a NEPA coal town.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Dickson City doesn't even come close to being considered NJ like. It's typically a NEPA coal town.
We were referencing the urban sprawl, which is a growing problem here in NEPA.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
We were referencing the urban sprawl, which is a growing problem here in NEPA.
Maybe it's what the area really needs.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:10 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,801 times
The area has more than enough urban sprawl. That's not what the Poconos is supposed to be about.

Initially people were attracted to the poconos because it was DIFFERENT than those other areas. Now it seems that the developers all want to make this area just like NJ, just like the suburb areas of any major city.

Yet many of these "improvements" now sit empty after spoiling the beautiful landscape.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times
Pizza, Pizza.........I just want Mikes Pizza! I wonder if he will rebuild? Did he just rent that part of the strip Mall? We just hated the Pizza we ordered out...........
It would be so nice to hear his plans. Gosh, maybe its too early to ask..........

Old 12-06-2008, 08:14 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Anthony's Pizza over by Raymours in Stroudsburg is really quite a good pizza.........
Mikes in Brodheadsville is also good
In New Jersey nothing beat Carmines.......in Netcong.......just awesome.
I've had pizza from Carmines and you're so right, it's sooooooooo good!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:18 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Is this Revello's pizza really that good? A friend of mine had it and said it was terrible. I'm going to have to try it myself although I'm not expecting much. I think it was a pubilicy stunt by Clinton to try to connect with the people of NEPA. With her being a senator from New York, she must spend a lot of time around the city and she knows what good pizza is. And anyway, just because she likes it doesn't make it great. I'm sorry again for spouting off on this pizza thing, but I could not resist.

Revellos is horrible, and i heard that Hilary didn't even finish it, she lives in NY, she knows what good pizza is and it sure isn't Revellos. I know we've been thru this pizza thing a million times, but Revellos is worse than convenient store pizza, i never tasted such horrible pizza in my life. I won't even call that pizza, i have no clue what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania