Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow is the first day open to the public for the new Mount Pocono Lowe’s store. They are supposed to be hiring 125 workers with about three fourth’s of the jobs full time. The 19th is their grand opening.

Overland Park, Kan., logistics company MIQ has leased the old Yellow/Roadway terminal in Tannersville. They are supposed to hire as many as 160 workers. Their parking lot is now packed with Wal-Mart trailers.

Sanofi, in Swiftwater, is also starting it’s flu program. However; one building will not start until March or April.

About six months ago a company called Liquid Fence moved into the old Liz Claiborne warehouse in Mount Pocono. I’m not sure how many they are going to employ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 08:23 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
New companies moving in is good news!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:41 PM

18 posts, read 39,648 times
hopefully the'll pay a decent wage--and not the usual temp agency minimum .

Old 01-14-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron46 View Post
hopefully the'll pay a decent wage--and not the usual temp agency minimum .
At least one of those companies will hire Temporary workers. However; some of the professional temporary jobs pay fairly good (for our area).

I would prefer if there were more full time SECURE jobs available. Security seems to be what is really missing in our workforce today. Insecure employees do not make the big purchases - like homes. I think that there is a ripple effect through the whole economy.

But; jobs are jobs and it beats not working.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 AM

There was more good new in our local Pocono Record today. They announced that Northwoods Paper Converting of Beaver Dam, Wis. is moving into the old Excel Storage Building in Stroud Township.

It is supposed to start off with forty workers and eventually go to 110 by year’s end.

I am hoping that this is a sign that our economy is improving. It has to help our tax base.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Tomorrow is the first day open to the public for the new Mount Pocono Lowe’s store. They are supposed to be hiring 125 workers with about three fourth’s of the jobs full time. The 19th is their grand opening.

Overland Park, Kan., logistics company MIQ has leased the old Yellow/Roadway terminal in Tannersville. They are supposed to hire as many as 160 workers. Their parking lot is now packed with Wal-Mart trailers.

Sanofi, in Swiftwater, is also starting it’s flu program. However; one building will not start until March or April.

About six months ago a company called Liquid Fence moved into the old Liz Claiborne warehouse in Mount Pocono. I’m not sure how many they are going to employ.
Where is it located?

Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Where is it located?
The new Lowe’s is right next to Wal-Mart in Mount Pocono. It is about a little less than a mile west of the junction of Route 611 and Route 940 and located on Route 940.

That new Liquid Fence company is down that road between Wal-Mart and the new Lowe’s. It is a large old building back there on the left - right before the end of that road.

Sanofi is located right in Swiftwater on Route 611. However; they hire from the Tannersville Manpower office - also on Route 611.

The MIQ terminal is about a mile west of Route 611 on Route 715.

PS They are all in Monroe County.

Northwoods Paper will be down Route 447 and about a mile before it hits route 209 in East Stroudsburg.

If you want to know anything else; just ask. Good luck.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:10 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The new Lowe’s is right next to Wal-Mart in Mount Pocono. It is about a little less than a mile west of the junction of Route 611 and Route 940 and located on Route 940.

That new Liquid Fence company is down that road between Wal-Mart and the new Lowe’s. It is a large old building back there on the left - right before the end of that road.

Sanofi is located right in Swiftwater on Route 611. However; they hire from the Tannersville Manpower office - also on Route 611.

The MIQ terminal is about a mile west of Route 611 on Route 715.

PS They are all in Monroe County.

Northwoods Paper will be down Route 447 and about a mile before it hits route 209 in East Stroudsburg.

If you want to know anything else; just ask. Good luck.

I figured that. Well, they needed that so it's a good thing. IMHO, I think that they should have everything in Mt Pocono that people who live there need. If they did that, they wouldn't have to go to Stroudsburg. I think there are plenty people who live there and in surrounding areas to support this.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I figured that. Well, they needed that so it's a good thing. IMHO, I think that they should have everything in Mt Pocono that people who live there need. If they did that, they wouldn't have to go to Stroudsburg. I think there are plenty people who live there and in surrounding areas to support this.

I live in Swiftwater and I don’t like to travel to Tannersville and south. That doesn’t mean that I don’t travel in that direction. It is just too much traffic at key times in the day and week when we venture south on Route 611. We do most of our shopping in Mount Pocono.

That whole corridor from Mount Pocono west and north is growing very quick. Those sections of Route 611 and Route 940 were planned better than the rest of our county. There is more space available to widen and improve our roads. Also; that area has embraced business.

It isn’t like there is not enough manpower for business in that area. We are loaded with commuters that would love to work closer to home. We also have plenty of people looking for work.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:57 PM

99 posts, read 235,122 times
Eh, I'm not holding my breath. I don't think we'll ever again see the days when a guy with moderate life skills not afraid to get his hands dirty and break a sweat can work full time and afford a house, a wife and kids, and a few of the niceties of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania