Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

I don't think being proud of one's heritage is bad nor is it indicative of being hateful of others' ancestry. That being said, European American Action Coalition is hardly an innocuous group nor is it merely an activist group. They are definitely racist. Denying that is silly. However, they do have the right to assemble and speak.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think being proud of one's heritage is bad nor is it indicative of being hateful of others' ancestry. That being said, European American Action Coalition is hardly an innocuous group nor is it merely an activist group. They are definitely racist. Denying that is silly. However, they do have the right to assemble and speak.
I never said that they weren't racist, but the point I was making is that to say that only this group and only the white groups are racist is simply narrow minded and ignorant.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

They do have the right to assemble and speak, but if they are in fact using hate speech to incite violence or retaliation against any person or persons, that's against the law.

It really depends on what happens at their little picnics...

Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
This Smith clown does have a history of being arrested for ethnic intimidation...he was yelling racial slurs and threw a brick at a black person in Scranton from his car (of course the fat slob coward did it from his car...)

Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Here's a little background info on this Smith character:

Keystone United | Southern Poverty Law Center

Old 08-10-2012, 03:17 PM

207 posts, read 284,571 times
When he was elected all I thought was, "Wow, really?" Then a buddy of mine brought up the one vote situation then it all made sense. Him and his associates have been nothing but trash since day one and a couple of my friends were jumped at shows/concerts by his friends years ago. (not sure if Smith was there or not)

"LOL I love everyone is getting the pitch forks out to skewer this guy simply because he wants to exercise his 1st amendment rights and you guys just don't like the message"

Is this out of the ordinary for you or something? Just because someone wants to exercise their first amendment rights, doesn't mean I have agree with it. I can despise it and so can others. I would have made the same thread if Steve Smith was a minority with the same mindset. I am fully aware and have experienced racism by other races.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM

207 posts, read 284,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Here's a little background info on this Smith character:

Keystone United | Southern Poverty Law Center
He's quite the gem.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:03 PM

130 posts, read 251,772 times
To the original poster but are you ok with the racist rhetoric that comes from the NAACP and other multicultural groups? Just because they put on shiny suits instead of hoods doesn't mean they don't spread racism because they do.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM

130 posts, read 251,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
They do have the right to assemble and speak, but if they are in fact using hate speech to incite violence or retaliation against any person or persons, that's against the law.

It really depends on what happens at their little picnics...
Then under the same circumstances the pro-violence occupy wall street goons should've been stopped and against the law.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_by_Cedar View Post
When he was elected all I thought was, "Wow, really?" Then a buddy of mine brought up the one vote situation then it all made sense. Him and his associates have been nothing but trash since day one and a couple of my friends were jumped at shows/concerts by his friends years ago. (not sure if Smith was there or not)

"LOL I love everyone is getting the pitch forks out to skewer this guy simply because he wants to exercise his 1st amendment rights and you guys just don't like the message"

Is this out of the ordinary for you or something? Just because someone wants to exercise their first amendment rights, doesn't mean I have agree with it. I can despise it and so can others. I would have made the same thread if Steve Smith was a minority with the same mindset. I am fully aware and have experienced racism by other races.
Very true. You (general) have the right to free speech. And so do the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania