Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:32 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,128,605 times

Advertisements

I wish everyone a happy healthy, holiday, and a great 2008, remember life is short, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you might miss it
LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,657,288 times
I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I'm tired of people saying Happy Holidays. The reason for the season is Christmas. And I don't think people should be offended if you wish them a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:15 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,764,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
I wish everyone a happy healthy, holiday, and a great 2008, remember life is short, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you might miss it
quote from Ferris Bueler himself!

I too wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Might not have much time to spend the next few days here so I want all my CD friends to have a wonderful holiday. Hug those you love, who knows if they'll be around next year. I'm just very thankful to be celebrating the holiday with my family.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:37 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I'm tired of people saying Happy Holidays. The reason for the season is Christmas. And I don't think people should be offended if you wish them a Merry Christmas.
I don't know. I'm a Christian myself and proudly celebrate Christmas every December 25. However, if someone wishes me a "happy holiday" I most certainly don't take offense. I feel as if as long as someone is sending you well-wishes you should be happy.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE..........AND THANKS FOR A WONDERFUL TIME ON CITY DATA. HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES...

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/thchristmashouse.gif (broken link)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/cmasavitor-1.gif (broken link)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Sundayrain_2006/glitterbulb.gif (broken link)

LIFE CAN BE SOMETIMES SHORT...........ENJOY EVERY SECOND, AND EVERY MINUTE. TAKE THE TIME TO BE SOMEONES FRIEND, AND HOLD SOMEONES HAND. LOOK AT ALL THE BEAUTY ON THIS EARTH......
TAKE IT ALL IN.......SOMETIMES IT JUST TAKES ONES BREATH AWAY.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:21 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
Default Christmas Eve Memories

Christmas Eve Memories
Linger down the lane awhile ,of thoughts, and time.
Remember when the lights came on so fine.
You walked along the streets of town and listened.
While Bells would toll,and carolers sang,.... trees glistened.

The snow was falling gently on the ground.
The lights reflected in windows all around.

The pond was full of skaters, passing by.
The street was full of glad tidings,.... warm goodbyes.

A baker had his pies lined in a row, the cakes for
parties piled high ,thus so.

Do you remember when you were a child?
Did Santa leave you things that made you smile?
Your Mom and Dad, they looked at you with glee.......
It seems they made another memory.

Did you have a special bulb upon the tree?......One that
brings the thoughts of time spent happily.

Does it make you shed a tear, when now their gone?
And memories are the only thoughts that linger on.

As the train runs around your twinkling tree......can you
feel the harp of history?

As I walk around the town, I feel these sounds......the music, voices,
lights ........all around.
I linger on the lane of memories past, then turn the corner heading
home at last.

The shining wreath upon my homes front door.........reminds me that
Its Christmas time once more.

And memories made with love, will always be.......
The messenger from heaven, following me.
Summering..........
I moved this from the Trivia thread ( creative corner) ......just did this quick while sitting here one night........Thought I might move it to the Pa forum...
for all those in Pa that are family and friends.......( if Yac doesn't move it back)..........

Old 12-22-2007, 05:24 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,128,605 times
Talking that was great!

very nice, awesome

Old 12-22-2007, 06:36 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,657,288 times
I hear what you're saying Paul. It just seems like people are avoiding saying the word "Christmas" these days. I saw on the news that some people are calling a Christmas tree a "holiday" tree. And I hear some people saying "holiday" break instead of "Christmas" break. Christians should all be proud to celebrate Christmas.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:10 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I hear what you're saying Paul. It just seems like people are avoiding saying the word "Christmas" these days. I saw on the news that some people are calling a Christmas tree a "holiday" tree. And I hear some people saying "holiday" break instead of "Christmas" break. Christians should all be proud to celebrate Christmas.
Actually, my former employer, Lowe's Home Improvement, was the main merchant coming under fire for coining the term "Holiday Tree." I thought it was odd to see a store like ours trying to be so politically correct when it obviously pledged allegiance to the blue-collar, Southern, NASCAR type of demographic. Wouldn't they be afraid of alienating that core base?

I myself waffle on this issue because I've offended people by saying both "Merry Christmas" AND "Happy Holidays" in the past, so I now don't know what to say. When I say "Happy Holidays" to Christians, they get angry that I'm caving into a liberal agenda. When I say "Merry Christmas" to non-Christians, they get angry that I was arrogant enough to simply assume they were Christian in the first place. There's just no way to win.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:12 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,114,518 times
Thank you for an uplifting message and back at ya, and all the posters on the NEPA forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania