Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:09 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not saying you can't sell product online or it's not a good idea. Certainly it can't be that lucrative if the website is broken.

Musical Energi- Used CD's

----------
edit: Page is about 10 monitors wide in firefox.... works in IE
Page works for me in Chrome and Firefox.

Again, you are ignoring the point I am making. I know the man who runs Musical Energi. He does a lot of business online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Again, you are ignoring the point I am making. I know the man who runs Musical Energi. He does a lot of business online.
And you are ignoring the point I am making. The person you talking about cells used media, in particular the vinyl market has a very limited supply. The person I'm talking about sells a new manufactured product that has to fabricated. A product that can fabricated in China and shipped direct to his dealers at a cost far lower than he can make them for.

FF 38.0.5

Last edited by thecoalman; 08-01-2020 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And you are ignoring the point I am making. The person you talking about cells used media, in particular the vinyl market has a very limited supply. The person I'm talking about sells a new manufactured product that has to fabricated. A product that can fabricated in China and shipped direct to his dealers at a cost far lower than he can make them for.

FF 38.0.5
That is not the only person I used as an example. I used two very different types of businesses to show that most businesses can use the internet to help keep their brick and mortar store going.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:02 PM

98 posts, read 111,449 times
Just wondering...Is Wilkes-Barre still dangerous?

Old 06-25-2015, 03:18 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,316 times
Kittens and puppies Sneaky Pete

Old 06-25-2015, 03:34 PM

Unicorns and Lollipops over here in Trenton, NJ ...

Glad all is well in the world.

They found the first evidence of an Isis cell in It's germination state here...

Probably bring some extra tourist revenue this year.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:11 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Unicorns and Lollipops over here in Trenton, NJ ...

Glad all is well in the world.

They found the first evidence of an Isis cell in It's germination state here...

Probably bring some extra tourist revenue this year.
Will their flag be banned? (That'll fix 'em )

Old 06-25-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Just wondering...Is Wilkes-Barre still dangerous?
Depends on who you ask.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM

24,118 posts, read 32,468,260 times
I generally like and support president Clinton, however NAFTA was something that I did not support then or now. Posters who realize that Bill Clinton was not the architect of NAFTA are correct. The Republicans were behind it too - or it would not have passed.

Perot? Just no.

Is Wilkes-Barre a terrible place to live and essentially dangerous? At this point, much of Wilkes-Barre is not safe. There are some pretty homes and some interesting architecture. South Wilkes Barre is probably the prettiest area, with the largest and most spacious homes. However, many people will say that it's the worse part of W-B. I think Barney Farms is an ugly development of undistinguished tract houses. Never was a fan of Mountain Top either - mobile home, shack, Mc Mansion - repeat.

The Heights have some nice homes - pretty older houses with upscale art deco bathrooms that have been well maintained and not "re muddled".

I've been misrepresented by some posters here who have said that I "hated" my time in Wilkes-Barre. I didn't but my husband did.

We would have been better off in Scranton or Forty Fort. Perhaps Clark Summit would have been the best fit. Even that house in W. Pittston would have been OK. The one they would not sell to us because we were not from "the area". There is something so wrong with that.

We would up in an area that we were told was "up and coming". It was not. In fact, I think I met the city of Wilkes-Barre at it's apex. It has not yet reached it's nadir.

The problem with much of NEPA lies with unwelcoming and xenophobic residents. I am such an architecture freak that I can easily overlook nasty people for a nice pocket door or built in.

Silly me.

I do not regret living there for one moment. I regret leaving even less. It was an experience that was unique - I'd be an urban pioneer! I'd help others to see the beauty in this forlorn city.... However, there was an influx of bad people from other areas coupled by a hatred of new comers from people who would label themselves as "decent".

I saw more Rebel flags in NEPA than I have anywhere but in the South. Just an FYI.

I am glad that PA offered me a way off of Long Island. For a while my son did not want to leave the area - I forced him. I was not a huge fan of his NEPA friends, and once we moved they never visited. Just as I thought. He never speaks of them either. They are stuck. For life. He has new friends and old enduring friends from NY.

He now attends an elite New England liberal arts college. My daughter will be joining him in a nearby state in the Fall. At another elite university. She, to her credit, was never enamored with the place.

Glad we got out. And I am also glad that my children were not sucked into Wilkes-Barre - NEPA culture.

I met some very nice people while living there. I will leave it at that.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:00 PM

That's why polite debate can be productive and informative. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania