Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 AM

9 posts, read 46,521 times

Advertisements

We bought two lots in Marcel Lakes Estates. We like them. Also, we belive the area will BOOM because it is close to nj and many now are commuting into NYC from around this area. the issue on the sewar system is it's being upgraded and our sewar bill is $30 a month. let me know how you make out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 PM

18 posts, read 39,192 times
What is going on with the sewer issue in this community now? Am thinking of buying a lot in the area...
They said I cant build for at least a year because of the sewer situation. I heard some residents want the community residents to buy the sewage plant--- is this true? What sort of implications will this have on resident expenses...

Thank you!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:11 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,573,739 times
Hi,
Hear not so nice things about Marcel Lake, but back in the 1960's when my parents built a summer house in Birchwood it was thriving back then. I would highly suggest getting out of the car and talking to people. That is a mistake we made and learned from it. You should come and visit on different days and at different times including the evening. I have an excellent Realtor I would recommend if you care to use her. She is very good at what she does and sells quite a bit in the area.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 11,190 times
Default Status

Hi, does anyone know what the status on the sewer system is?

Does anyone have any idea when the building restrictions are going to be lifted?

Thanks for your help...

Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 AM

18 posts, read 70,039 times
There were three recent sewer issue meetings, all during weekdays. None l on the weekend, when full time residents or part timers may have been able to attend easier. No rumblings yet, nor any announced updates from the association, Clean Treatment or the township.
I feel it's not a matter of if we have to get grinder pumps, but when we'll be made to.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,578 times
Default Lake Marcel and Conashaugh are two of the better Lakes in Dingmans and Milford area

These lakes are some of the better ones in this area, Marcel and Conashaugh are the two better lakes of Dingmans and Milford areas. Gold Key and Twin lakes are not as good as them. SORRY Gold Key and Twin Lakes

Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 PM

8 posts, read 30,134 times
Question Marcel Lake Estates in Dingmans Ferry

My husband and I are looking for a home in Dingmans Ferry. We are thinking about making an offer on a home in Marcel Lakes. Does anyone have any input on this community? Good or bad....I'd love to know. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:53 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,015,558 times
One thing I suggest is to make sure that the home has a grinder pump installed for the sewer. The community sewer system required this some time ago. I was looking at some homes in there with someone and overall thought it looked like a nice area, though I don't know too much about it. The one seller told me that the fishing in the lake is excellent.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,939 times
do you still live in marcel lakes estates? and are you still happy there. i am thinking of making an offer on a house there this weekend and it would be nice to hear good things from someone who lives there.
thank you

Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,573,739 times
The last thing I saw in the Disptach is that certain residents that live around the lake were throwing fecal matter into the lake and several reisdents were complaining about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania