Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 AM

182 posts, read 451,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Yes, state street grill is very good,good salads,good food, they have sweet potato fries which are good.
I added sweet potato fries to my notes. Sounds great to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 09:38 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,136,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia to Northeast PA View Post
I added sweet potato fries to my notes. Sounds great to me.
I forgot to mention some other places,armetta's pizza/Italian food is good(It is in Chincilla) a little ways down from clarks summit,also a juniors chicken and ribs. Clarks summit also has Krispy Kreme,Starbucks, Damons grill,JJ Bridges, calarusso Italian restaurant,waffle house,Any other info feel free to ask.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I forgot to mention some other places,armetta's pizza/Italian food is good(It is in Chincilla) a little ways down from clarks summit,also a juniors chicken and ribs. Clarks summit also has Krispy Kreme,Starbucks, Damons grill,JJ Bridges, calarusso Italian restaurant,waffle house,Any other info feel free to ask.
I am familar with where the Dunken Donuts is. I don't think my husband would move anywhere he could not get his coffee fix. We tried one Italian place that was good in Clarks Summit (I can't remember the name all those mountains threw me off they were right there and so big!) when we visited on that same road as the diner. It was good and my husband wants to go back for there too.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,136,702 times
Quote:
I am familar with where the Dunken Donuts is. I don't think my husband would move anywhere he could not get his coffee fix. We tried one Italian place that was good in Clarks Summit (I can't remember the name all those mountains threw me off they were right there and so big!) when we visited on that same road as the diner. It was good and my husband wants to go back for there too.
If it was on the same route as the gourmet diner it was probably amor'e which is also good,If you like dunken donuts coffee,you have to try Krispy Kreme coffee.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,670,974 times
Quote:
If it was on the same route as the gourmet diner it was probably amor'e which is also good,If you like dunken donuts coffee,you have to try Krispy Kreme coffee.
I agree. I think their donuts and coffee are slightly better than Dunkin's is.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I agree. I think their donuts and coffee are slightly better than Dunkin's is.
I actually remember Krispy Kreme when I was working days right outside Wilmington, DE my boss would drive by and get them when they were hot. Now for me that is the only way to eat Krispy Kreme. Do they still serve them that way?

Old 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,981,579 times
Quote:
I actually remember Krispy Kreme when I was working days right outside Wilmington, DE my boss would drive by and get them when they were hot. Now for me that is the only way to eat Krispy Kreme. Do they still serve them that way?

They sure do. They have a neon sign that says "Hot Doughnuts Now" and its lit when there's hot doughnuts ready. I can smell Krispy Kreme every day going to work when I pass by on the Central Scranton Expressway. Makes my mouth water.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:26 PM

13 posts, read 54,757 times
The donut connection has very good coffee, in Clarks Summit. Very small little place, there is a drive thru in it + great coffee!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 PM

20 posts, read 23,116 times
Applebee's blows.........I think the food is lousy.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM

703 posts, read 1,549,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Sweet potato fries are really good dipped in a horseradish and mayo combo. They are just as good cut in strips and baked in the oven. At least they don't clog things as much. They even clear the sinuses!!
Honey, cinnamon, and sour cream in the right proportions.

Heavenly dipping sauce for SPF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania