Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 AM

26 posts, read 101,542 times

Advertisements

I live too close to Agolino's so I practically live there. I stopped cooking except for special occasions.

I am originally from Pittston then lived in Nanticoke, the World for 4 years in the Marine Corps, back to Pittston, then to Nanticoke, then to Pittston, then to Clarks Summit for 5 years and now to West Pittston. I can almost see a pattern here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 09:10 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,138,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar546 View Post
I live too close to Agolino's so I practically live there. I stopped cooking except for special occasions.

I am originally from Pittston then lived in Nanticoke, the World for 4 years in the Marine Corps, back to Pittston, then to Nanticoke, then to Pittston, then to Clarks Summit for 5 years and now to West Pittston. I can almost see a pattern here!
sounds like the food is still good there

Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 PM

32,624 posts, read 77,765,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
sounds like the food is still good there
I love Joey A's Stuffed French Toast at Agolino's! My family used to stop here after church on Sunday mornings all the time.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:50 PM

13 posts, read 54,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradysheroes View Post
1 Damons in Hazleton- Got rid of great managers...Service and food went to pot...

2 Bennigans- poor service and poor management

3 Mark 2- nuff said

4 Ovalon- overated..

5 Gallaria in Split Rock- Crappy food , and service.. for the price..

just wondering how you can rate poor managers? how do you know they are poor managers? doesn't make sense.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,649,547 times
Just wanted to make a distinction here:
Bennigans Clarks Summit - Bad
Bennigans next to Arena - Good

Old 03-15-2008, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,980 times
Default get real

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
I cant really think of 5 but I can definitely agree the Bennigans around here is crap. They're poorly managed and food has been lesser quality the last we times we went.
sounds like you have a thing for someone who works at bennigans or you must know all the managers to know they're bad managers and why do you go so many times if its not good

Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 AM

4 posts, read 17,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenxtears View Post
just wondering how you can rate poor managers? how do you know they are poor managers? doesn't make sense.

Until your one yourself, you can predicit poor management..

Old 03-15-2008, 07:19 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,673,568 times
I've been to Bennigan's a few times and they're not really that good. The service and food are below par. Applebee's food and service has really gone downhill. I wouldn't recommend anyone going there, even though it is constantly packed and people waiting to get in there on Friday and Saturday nights at the Viewmont Mall. I just don't understand it.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:14 AM

Default Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradysheroes View Post
Until your one yourself, you can predicit poor management..
So have you have been in a management type position? Then you would know that when there are only 2 managers in an establishment working 70+ hours a week, the performance of the managers might slip a bit?

I have a friend that used to work for Bennigan's and this was the situation. Honestly, you shouldn't just sit here and bash it because you do not know what happens unless you are there. I am speaking for my friend because she would always tell me things that would go on. As for your poor service comment, they had new management come in and bring all of their friends from different places, who were only hired because they knew somebody. Their job performance was terrible and only a few months later the manager eventually was fired and all of their buddies going with.

Until you work as a manager, with the stressload that they have, in the restaurant industry, I think you should keep your comments to yourself. If that was you as that manager would you like the comment 'poor management', when you knew you were doing your best? Not many people would, I am sure.

Have a GREAT day

Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I've been to Bennigan's a few times and they're not really that good. The service and food are below par. Applebee's food and service has really gone downhill. I wouldn't recommend anyone going there, even though it is constantly packed and people waiting to get in there on Friday and Saturday nights at the Viewmont Mall. I just don't understand it.

Below par? Par for you can be different from others. Applebee's and Bennigan's are chain restaurants - not five star dining establishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania