Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 12:50 PM

383 posts, read 429,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
She should have also lost her job.
Depending on how long ago this happened, she still can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 12:55 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Why even have a dog, if you're going to keep it chained outside?

Old 04-01-2018, 12:58 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why even have a dog, if you're going to keep it chained outside?
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! No further comment necessary

Old 04-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
"Nine consecutive hours" of bark, bark, bark is a long time. All the other rules sound fine.

In my experience, admittedly limited, dog-owners tune out the sound of the bark, bark, bark.
Agreed. My neighbor across the street had two Jack Russell Terriers. If I brought my German Shorthair out on the lawn to play, or just hang out with me they would bark NON STOP until we went it. My dog ignored them, but he wasn't a barker anyway. It was annoying. I can't imagine a dog barking all day.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:13 PM

342 posts, read 318,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
We’ve encountered blatant racism several times in our 5 years here. My fiancé is mixed white/Hispanic and looks very white but a very Hispanic name. When we went to open bank accounts, the manager went on a long-winded oration about “brown people” ruining the area. Needless to say, the bank did not garner our business and a letter was sent to the President. She lost, literally, a million dollar account.
I’m glad you followed up with letting the bank president know. It’s nuts that a bank manager would insult someone depositing a million dollars into her bank after learning of the customer’s Hispanic name.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
She should have also lost her job.
I hope so. The letter was extremely apologetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecow View Post
Depending on how long ago this happened, she still can.
It was 5 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey340 View Post
I’m glad you followed up with letting the bank president know. It’s nuts that a bank manager would insult someone depositing a million dollars into her bank after learning of the customer’s Hispanic name.
Interestingly, she never got to the point where we handed over his iD. Just mine and my name is of Irish origin. She didn’t even get to the info about what types of accounts we would be opening or how it was going to be transferred.

When she asked where we were from originally (the Bronx) that started her rant. I let her roll with it and the politely thanked her for her time, collected my documents and we left. I’ve no time for that nonsense. I thought my finance was going to stroke out on me. He grew up dealing with racism so he’s learned self-control. But he’s not immune to the hurt.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In the next few weeks dog wardens across our State will be knocking on doors and looking for unlicensed dogs: Dog Wardens Across PA Going Door-to-Door, Checking for Dog Licenses | WNEP.com. I also presume that they will fine or arrest anybody that they feel is cruel to their animals.
If they don't have a WARRANT, I will not be opening my door, to anyone. I have always kept my dog's license, and Rabies shots up to date, but I am not letting some government bureaucrat invade my privacy, and enter my home to inspect my dog. Harass me, and I will call the police.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If they don't have a WARRANT, I will not be opening my door, to anyone. I have always kept my dog's license, and Rabies shots up to date, but I am not letting some government bureaucrat invade my privacy, and enter my home to inspect my dog. Harass me, and I will call the police.
Don't shoot the messenger! I suspected that some would be upset with animal control/dog wardens on their door step. I can easily picture how this could spiral out of control. I have to wonder what they will think when they find ducks in our dog cages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania